Contribute
Register

[HELP] Disable HD 7650M in DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove _OFF from _WAK too.

+1... It would be interesting to know if the device wakes up being "on" and needs to be turned off, or if turning off at boot is good enough...

- - - Updated - - -

REPORT to both of you:
Code:
 While (LNotEqual (LNKS, 0x00))
            {
                Sleep (0x01)
            }
this code will prevent AMD GPU from turning off (I insert it into nguyenmac's DSDT, and this dsdt didn't work anymore :D)

AND I removed _OFF fucntion from IGPU._INI, nothing change!

Hey... good to know.

Maybe we can formalize this into a patch for easy application... We'll see...

Although thinking about it, that loop may fail because something hasn't been initialized properly (because the SSDT with all the related items is being dropped). I have also noticed that these SystemMemory fields often are just not setup correctly by OS X and don't work properly.

If he used my config.plist, which only drops 2 SSDT tables about CPU, I think those ATI tables are not drop.

If he used my config.plist, which only drops 2 SSDT tables about CPU, I think those ATI tables are not drop.

Which can lead to weird conflicts when you start copying bits from SSDT(s) to DSDT...

Interesting thread, do we have a final patch for non-Clover? I also would like to turn it off but not from Bios.

Can your 4540s sleep in Mac OS 10.9?

Yes perfectly, I have disabled 'Wake on LAN' and 'Wake on USB' in Bios as described in the RehabMan's Guide as I have non-Clover installation.

Yes perfectly, I have disabled 'Wake on LAN' and 'Wake on USB' in Bios as described in the RehabMan's Guide as I have non-Clover installation.

I can't see "Wake on USB" option in my UEFI Setting, where is it?
P/S: I saw that :D and disabled it but still can't wake up form sleep!

Yes! I used your config.plist, now what I need to do to drop another SSDT table? I want to try RehabMan method, It seem to be wakable :D

Yes! I used your config.plist, now what I need to do to drop another SSDT table? I want to try RehabMan method, It seem to be wakable :D

Delete 2 Drop table entries in config.plist and check "Drop OEM" in SSDT, then it will be like "DropSSDT" in Chameleon. Did try try removing _OFF in _WAK?

Interesting thread, do we have a final patch for non-Clover? I also would like to turn it off but not from Bios.

The patch is not related to Chameleon or Clover, it's in your DSDT and SSDT tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back