Graphics
nVIDIA GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
as the title, I want to disable AMD HD 7650M in DSDT for my ProBook 4540s, I know it's possible!
I can disable it in BIOS too, but it's so inconvenient because I usually play DOTA 2 in windows

I get a lot of ACPI tables from AIDA64 here (working DSDT included):
https://www.mediafire.com/?ajyfalapfcgc6b1

Please help!

Send your current working DSDT.aml too.

Try this and report

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 194
yep, it's already in zip file now!

This should actually be pretty easy...

Include acpi_ssdt.aml in the list of ssdts to load. eg. place in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml
Find any dependencies and include them as well... (from what I see in acpi_tables, there are none)

From _SB._INI call _SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF:
Code:
// add external declaration
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)
// at beginning of _INI
\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF()
// and at beginning of _WAK

Formalized into patches:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex .  insert begin External(\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)\n end;
into method label _INI parent_label _SB code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched begin \\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF()\n%1 end;
into method label _WAK code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched begin \\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF()\n%1 end;

This should actually be pretty easy...

Include acpi_ssdt.aml in the list of ssdts to load. eg. place in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml
Find any dependencies and include them as well... (from what I see in acpi_tables, there are none)

From _SB._INI call _SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF:
Code:
// add external declaration
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)
// at beginning of _INI
// and at beginning of _WAK

Formalized into patches:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex .  insert begin External(\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)\n end;
into method label _INI parent_label _SB code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched begin \\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF()\n%1 end;
into method label _WAK code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched begin \\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF()\n%1 end;

thank u too, I will try it next time I patch dsdt :D

thank u too, I will try it next time I patch dsdt :D

Let me know because what I did is only slightly different from what nguyenmac did (I bothered to make patches; he has an extra call in IGPU._INI; he also has some hand edits done to the _OFF function and merged it into DSDT instead of just leaving it in SSDT). If that is necessary (I think probably not), then I could add that to the patches as well.

It would not be difficult to make this into an option inside the ProBook Installer.

Let me know because what I did is only slightly different from what nguyenmac did (I bothered to make patches; he has an extra call in IGPU._INI; he also has some hand edits done to the _OFF function and merged it into DSDT instead of just leaving it in SSDT). If that is necessary (I think probably not), then I could add that to the patches as well.

It would not be difficult to make this into an option inside the ProBook Installer.

The following loop in original ssdt _OFF can prevent turning off Graphic cards, I removed it for sure:
Code:
           While (LNotEqual (LNKS, 0x00))
            {
                Sleep (0x01)
            }

I'm not sure about the necessary of calling in IGPU._INI.

The following loop in original ssdt _OFF can prevent turning off Graphic cards, I removed it for sure:
Code:
           While (LNotEqual (LNKS, 0x00))
            {
                Sleep (0x01)
            }

I've heard of that too, but hard to tell sometimes if it was simply user error, or a genuine concern. If it was a problem ssdt-1.aml (acpi_ssdt.aml) could be patched as well (although it requires some syntax fixes as it does not come clean out of the disassembler).

I'm not sure about IGPU._INI. Again, just for sure.

Yes, I think it is not necessary. I like to make only the changes confirmed necessary.

But if it was necessary, it could be added to the patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back