Contribute
Register

[HELP] Disable HD 7650M in DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. DropSSDT=N. Boot flags are case sensitive. dropssdt is unrecognized.

You extract the various SSDTs from MaciASL, using File->New from ACPI, looking for the 'SgTabl' one. That one you patch, and then save as /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (format ACPI Machine Language Binary). And yes, the patches are present in the ProBook DSDT patch repo. DropSSDT=Y is already set in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Rehabman you are the best . With your instructions it couldn't be simpler . SgTable was SSDT-4 as philip_petev said , thanks a lot . Everything works great , sleep,restart , shutdown and the cpu temperature is down about 8 degrees so again thanks for being such a nice guy.

Cheers :thumbup:

One last question . The instructions say to apply the patch (for ssdt-5) where as in mu case was ssdt-4 . Same thing was with peter petevs laptop. Some could get confused and apply the pach for ssdt-5 which i suppose it wouldnt work

One last question . The instructions say to apply the patch (for ssdt-5) where as in mu case was ssdt-4 . Same thing was with peter petevs laptop. Some could get confused and apply the pach for ssdt-5 which i suppose it wouldnt work

The instructions say to apply to whatever table is the "SgTabl." The specific number will vary depending on where the files came from and what computer you have. Linux numbers the tables starting at one. OS X numbers them starting at 0 (by not including a number on the first one). The numbers also vary when you have an SSDT already in /Extra (generated by the ProBook Installer). And the numbers vary in Clover depending on which OEM tables you're dropping, and whether you're using the SSDT/Generate options or the SSDT generated by the ProBook Installer.

Summary: Numbers vary... it is the content of the table that matters.

Eventually this will be a feature in the ProBook Installer and it won't be a worry. But, of course, people using the ProBook Installer, won't have a clue as to how it actually works...

The instructions say to apply to whatever table is the "SgTabl." The specific number will vary depending on where the files came from and what computer you have. Linux numbers the tables starting at one. OS X numbers them starting at 0 (by not including a number on the first one). The numbers also vary when you have an SSDT already in /Extra (generated by the ProBook Installer). And the numbers vary in Clover depending on which OEM tables you're dropping, and whether you're using the SSDT/Generate options or the SSDT generated by the ProBook Installer.

Summary: Numbers vary... it is the content of the table that matters.

Eventually this will be a feature in the ProBook Installer and it won't be a worry. But, of course, people using the ProBook Installer, won't have a clue as to how it actually works...
Understood RM ;) this is a good way to get involved and learn a bit about how mac works underneath and how to patch.

Understood RM ;) this is a good way to get involved and learn a bit about how mac works underneath and how to patch.

Yes... excellent work/learning!

Yes... excellent work/learning!

I'm waiting for 8gb ram to arrive . As you said in hardware change we need to delete the dsdt.aml and patch again with probook installer . I will have to also apply the dsdt patch for disabling radeon right? Will i have to repatch also the 'sgtable' ssdt table?

I'm waiting for 8gb ram to arrive . As you said in hardware change we need to delete the dsdt.aml and patch again with probook installer . I will have to also apply the dsdt patch for disabling radeon right? Will i have to repatch also the 'sgtable' ssdt table?

To be safe you should do it all again. For certain, you would have to do the DSDT part again because the DSDT from the ProBook Installer won't have the addition patch. Since you are providing a patched SSDT "SgTabl" you should also re-extract it and redo the patch, so it is in sync with the (potentially) new SSDT post memory upgrade.

To be safe you should do it all again. For certain, you would have to do the DSDT part again because the DSDT from the ProBook Installer won't have the addition patch. Since you are providing a patched SSDT "SgTabl" you should also re-extract it and redo the patch, so it is in sync with the (potentially) new SSDT post memory upgrade.

Re-extract you mean to do the same procedure as before ,first delete the ssdt-1.aml which is in extra folder, boot with DropSSDT= N nd use maciasl new from acpi tables and choose the SSDT "SgTabl" to patch it . Then move it to extra as ssdt-1.aml ?

Re-extract you mean to do the same procedure as before ,first delete the ssdt-1.aml which is in extra folder, boot with DropSSDT= N nd use maciasl new from acpi tables and choose the SSDT "SgTabl" to patch it . Then move it to extra as ssdt-1.aml ?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back