CPU
i7-8700T/Q370
Graphics
HD630
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
After some success installing high sierra on a Dell Optiplex 9020, I recently purchased what I hoped was a hackintosh-friendly prebuild, the Dell Optiplex 7060 SSF. Presently this is the most powerful Optiplex selling on Dell's website. But after a week of trial and error am having no luck completing the installation. Every config and combination of kexts leads to a kernal panic. My EFI folder is attached here in case anyone has experience with this model and could offer suggestions or point me towards a guide that works. I can’t tell anymore which bits do something useful and which are superstition. thank you!

Optiplex 7060 specs:
Intel i-7 8700T
Q370 chipset
Intel HD 630 iGPU
32 GB RAM (4 x 8GB DDR4)
Integrated Intel I219-LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000
1 TB SATA HD + 256 GB SSD

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7060
CPU
i7-8700T/Q370
Graphics
HD630
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks Flexrac,
I tried this but Mojave was a just a dead end for me and this silly HD630 iGPU, as was a dual display setup. The installation was much easier with high sierra and one display connected by DP. My EFI folder is here for anyone else wants to install HS on a Dell 7060. I found iMac14,2 in SMBIOS gave smoother graphics than anything higher - don't know why. I added a few kexts to support audio (voodoo) and a bluetooth USB dongle. Maybe there's more can be done to speed up booting and to support audio in and nvram/messages, but this is a work computer and that stuff can wait. For now I am very happy to have replaced ubuntu linux with macos.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7060
CPU
i7-8700T/Q370
Graphics
HD630
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update: Finally managed to complete an update to Mojave 10.14. Here's another EFI folder for Mojave for anyone with a Dell Optiplex 7060 midtower running the famously tricky HD630 igpu. Requires lilu, whatevergreen, framebuffer patching and very close attention to conflicting kexts and patches. Most difficult part was fullly accelerated graphics. Doesn't look possible to get a second monitor working though the second DP port, but I will keep trying. Thanks jaymonkey for the Lilu guide, without which I would have been completely lost.

Attachments