Contribute
Register

[help] Dell Optiplex 7060 w/Intel HD 630 graphics

• Thread starter Deleted member 1960428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1960428

After some success installing high sierra on a Dell Optiplex 9020, I recently purchased what I hoped was a hackintosh-friendly prebuild, the Dell Optiplex 7060 SSF. Presently this is the most powerful Optiplex selling on Dell's website. But after a week of trial and error am having no luck completing the installation. Every config and combination of kexts leads to a kernal panic. My EFI folder is attached here in case anyone has experience with this model and could offer suggestions or point me towards a guide that works. I can’t tell anymore which bits do something useful and which are superstition. thank you!

Optiplex 7060 specs:
Intel i-7 8700T
Q370 chipset
Intel HD 630 iGPU
32 GB RAM (4 x 8GB DDR4)
Integrated Intel I219-LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000
1 TB SATA HD + 256 GB SSD

Attachments

D

Deleted member 1960428

Thanks Flexrac,
I tried this but Mojave was a just a dead end for me and this silly HD630 iGPU, as was a dual display setup. The installation was much easier with high sierra and one display connected by DP. My EFI folder is here for anyone else wants to install HS on a Dell 7060. I found iMac14,2 in SMBIOS gave smoother graphics than anything higher - don't know why. I added a few kexts to support audio (voodoo) and a bluetooth USB dongle. Maybe there's more can be done to speed up booting and to support audio in and nvram/messages, but this is a work computer and that stuff can wait. For now I am very happy to have replaced ubuntu linux with macos.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 1960428

Update: Finally managed to complete an update to Mojave 10.14. Here's another EFI folder for Mojave for anyone with a Dell Optiplex 7060 midtower running the famously tricky HD630 igpu. Requires lilu, whatevergreen, framebuffer patching and very close attention to conflicting kexts and patches. Most difficult part was fullly accelerated graphics. Doesn't look possible to get a second monitor working though the second DP port, but I will keep trying. Thanks jaymonkey for the Lilu guide, without which I would have been completely lost.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Precision 5820
CPU
Intel Xeon W-2133 @ 3.60GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX960
Update: Finally managed to complete an update to Mojave 10.14. Here's another EFI folder for Mojave for anyone with a Dell Optiplex 7060 midtower running the famously tricky HD630 igpu. Requires lilu, whatevergreen, framebuffer patching and very close attention to conflicting kexts and patches. Most difficult part was fullly accelerated graphics. Doesn't look possible to get a second monitor working though the second DP port, but I will keep trying. Thanks jaymonkey for the Lilu guide, without which I would have been completely lost.
Did you by chance detail the steps you did (start to finish) for this build? I have a Opti 7060 and would love to get this running.

CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
ASUS-RX580-8G
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oh! Thank you very much! I have worried about the graphic driver configuration for my 7060 Micro for a long time.
Let me have a try tonight.

Motherboard
Dell's Optiplex 7060 Micro
CPU
i7-8700T/Q370
Graphics
UHD 630
Oh! Thank you very much! I have worried about the graphic driver configuration for my 7060 Micro for a long time.
Let me have a try tonight.
Any luck?

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7060m Q370
CPU
i7-8700T
Graphics
UHD630
Thanks for the EFI, I installed Mojave on my 7060m and it's working fine. I even connected two DP montiors without changing anything. The only problem I encounted during Mojave setup is I have to check dell bios support in config.plist, or the installation won't start.

Motherboard
Dell's Optiplex 7060 Micro
CPU
i7-8700T/Q370
Graphics
UHD 630
Thanks for the EFI, I installed Mojave on my 7060m and it's working fine. I even connected two DP montiors without changing anything. The only problem I encounted during Mojave setup is I have to check dell bios support in config.plist, or the installation won't start.
But 4K is not drive well

D

Deleted member 1960428

Thanks for the tip nagios. I still have a disk error message on boot up. I'll try that Dell bios option to see if that smooth things.

DearTAnker, I don't have a 4k monitor so I can't tell if the graphics framebuffer settings can be improved further. Once I saw graphics acceleration I stopped tinkering with it. But I seem to recall that I didn't exhaust all the possible framebuffer options for the HD630. jaymonkey's guide (linked above) might help.