Contribute
Register

HELP!!!! Deleted hard drives and can’t boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
not sure
CPU
not sure
Graphics
not sure
Mac
  1. iMac
Basically I have an iMac (2009) snow leopard

Earlier this year used a patcher to get to high sierra and now installed Monterey through opencore

After downloading a Monterey installer and opencore I successfully had Monterey running however it was quite slow (obviously) so I had a bright idea and erased everything on disk utility inc the hardrive,usb and the opencore EFI

Attachments

• 3BC1BB07-9D97-437D-9243-99D962AFA9DD.jpeg
    3BC1BB07-9D97-437D-9243-99D962AFA9DD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Basically I have an iMac (2009) snow leopard

Earlier this year used a patcher to get to high sierra and now installed Monterey through opencore

After downloading a Monterey installer and opencore I successfully had Monterey running however it was quite slow (obviously) so I had a bright idea and erased everything on disk utility inc the hardrive,usb and the opencore EFI
boot into recovery and re install macOS

I even have a bootable usb to use but it’s not registering anything I just get that screen everyone I start up
read my reply above

When I select the first option on the screen it shows my hardrive with the opencore logo,the second one just opens openshell.efi and third restarts my Mac with the same screen

use another mac to create a usb installer
I used my windows laptop to make a bootable installer it’s an iso file on a usb will that work? I don’t have another Mac only iPhone and iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back