Contribute
Register

Help delete Font system ( Big Sur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Type ls (lower case L and s for list) and then Enter to ensure you are in the correct folder. A list of fonts should fill the Terminal screen.

5. Use the rm (remove) command to delete individual fonts, or in groups using a wildcard.

a) rm muktamahee.ttc (Enter) will remove the one font. The full name is not case sensitive.

4. Type ls (lower case L and s for list) and then Enter to ensure you are in the correct folder. A list of fonts should fill the Terminal screen.

5. Use the rm (remove) command to delete individual fonts, or in groups using a wildcard.

a) rm muktamahee.ttc (Enter) will remove the one font. The full name is not case sensitive.
what is the issue? you type rm and whatever font you want to delete....

The owner of this way
Says
This also works with Macs that employs the T2 security chip The instructions for the following methods are intentionally somewhat vague (such as how to navigate to a particular volume or folder). If you don't already know how to do this, you shouldn't be trying it. Not without first reading up on using the Unix command line.

Because I typed it that shows nothing is done in Terminal

Please help me with this
It's step 2
2. Enabling and disabling System Integrity Protection
in this subject

The owner of this way
Says
This also works with Macs that employs the T2 security chip The instructions for the following methods are intentionally somewhat vague (such as how to navigate to a particular volume or folder). If you don't already know how to do this, you shouldn't be trying it. Not without first reading up on using the Unix command line.

Because I typed it that shows nothing is done in Terminal

Please help me with this
It's step 2
2. Enabling and disabling System Integrity Protection
in this subject

No help so far .. any help deleted file system big sur 11.2.3

No help so far .. any help deleted file system big sur 11.2.3
not recommended in messing with system files on Big Sur

Ok but i need any way delete font file

Ok but i need any way delete font file

Bypassing SSV section

You won't be able to delete the font or replace it with a new version in the Control Panels > Fonts folder if you come into this problem. To remove the typeface, make sure you don't have any open programs that might be using it. If you want to be extra sure, restart your computer and try to delete the font.
If you need some extra fonts, you can look for some on https://upfonts.com/liberator-font/, depending on what you are trying to do. I could never tell that the choice of font might be so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back