Contribute
Register

Help! Day 2 Trying To Disable Touch Screen Via Usb ?? Expert Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.. I saw that. I installed it based on your suggestion. I guess I should have been more clear on my OS version. I figured since you suggested it.. It might function enough to get the result, we were intending. I just updated last night to ver 10.10.5.. I was going to wait till all the bugs,and some limited function got worked out before moving to 10.10.11

No way that I know of to disable USB ports with 10.10. Only with 10.11.x.

No such thing as 10.10.11. Last version of 10.10 was 10.10.5. Current version of El Capitan is 10.11.4.

Note: Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

No way that I know of to disable USB ports with 10.10. Only with 10.11.x.

No such thing as 10.10.11. Last version of 10.10 was 10.10.5. Current version of El Capitan is 10.11.4.

Note: Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Yeah.. 10.10.11 was in error.. was corrected.

For the record I'm almost a complete noob when it comes to Mac, Hackintosh. I'm trying to learn.. With that said,
is that the only way to find the port is upgrade to El Captain ? Or is there possibly another way to disable the touch screen? Maybe force/inject an unknown vendor id, or something like that .. So it's not recognized, or loaded?

Last edited:
Yeah.. 10.10.11 was in error.. was corrected.

For the record I'm almost a complete noob when it comes to Mac, Hackintosh. I'm trying to learn.. With that said,
is that the only way to find the port is upgrade to El Captain ? Or is there possibly another way to disable the touch screen? Maybe force/inject an unknown vendor id, or something like that .. So it's not recognized, or loaded?

Finding the port is not the issue. Disabling the port is. The mechanism that USBInjectAll uses to inject (and exclude) ports is only available in 10.11.

You could, of course, leave the port disabled, but build a disabler kext that substitutes a "do nothing" driver for the device.

Recommendation: update to 10.11.

Finding the port is not the issue. Disabling the port is. The mechanism that USBInjectAll uses to inject (and exclude) ports is only available in 10.11.

You could, of course, leave the port disabled, but build a disabler kext that substitutes a "do nothing" driver for the device.

Recommendation: update to 10.11.

Recommendation: update to 10.11.[/QUOTE]
Okay, i will upgrade.. I'm currently trying to fix some screen flicker upon boot from last nights upgrade. I think it has to do with the same problems associated with 10.10.3. Once I've completed that task. I will upgrade to 10.11 hopefully by this evening. Thanks

Okay, i will upgrade.. I'm currently trying to fix some screen flicker upon boot from last nights upgrade. I think it has to do with the same problems associated with 10.10.3. Once I've completed that task. I will upgrade to 10.11 hopefully by this evening. Thanks

You need config.plist/Devices/FakeID=0x04128086 and FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

See here for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

Success.. After a small battle installing El Capitan. I successfully turned off my touch screen. I was looking for an example of a custom Dell port injector as an example. In my search I actually found one that was an exact match for mine. Remove your touch screen port from the injector kext.. Posted below.. To turn off your touch screen look in I/O reg for the usb port it's attached to. Mine was HS07 .. Open up your injector kext, find info.plist, and edit out your port info like below. That's it ..

snip out here:
Code:
<key>HS07</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>UsbConnector</key>
                        <integer>255</integer>
                        <key>port</key>
                        <data>BwAAAA==</data>
                    </dict>
to here:

Note: If you have a compatible usb setup, and use this custom usb injector. You will have to change out the smbios product name to match your system. Mine in this file is MacBookPro11,1 find, and replace all instances with yours.

Attachments

• USBXHC_Dell.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Success.. After a small battle installing El Capitan. I successfully turned off my touch screen. I was looking for an example of a custom Dell port injector as an example. In my search I actually found one that was an exact match for mine. Posted below.. To turn off your touch screen look in I/O reg for the usb port it's attached to. Mine was HS07 .. Open up your injector kext, find info.plist, and edit out your port info like below. That's it ..

snip out here:
Code:
<key>HS07</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>UsbConnector</key>
                        <integer>255</integer>
                        <key>port</key>
                        <data>BwAAAA==</data>
                    </dict>
to here:

Note: If you have a compatible usb setup, and use this custom usb injector. You will have to change out the smbios product name to match your system. Mine in this file is MacBookPro11,1 find, and replace all instances with yours.

To disable a port, you should eliminate the port from the injector.

To disable a port, you should eliminate the port from the injector.

I'm confused.. I thought that's what I did ? I removed the HS07 port from the inject kext ?

side note: I also tried entering the uia_exclude=HS07 flag at boot. It didn't seem to work.. I added into my config, and tried adding it manually into clover boot options as well.

I'm confused.. I thought that's what I did ? I removed the HS07 port from the inject kext ?

OK. Your post wasn't clear about that.

side note: I also tried entering the uia_exclude=HS07 flag at boot. It didn't seem to work.. I added into my config, and tried adding it manually into clover boot options as well.

It only works if you're using USBInjectAll.kext (uia_exclude is a kernel flag for USBInjectAll.kext itself).

OK. Your post wasn't clear about that.

It only works if you're using USBInjectAll.kext (uia_exclude is a kernel flag for USBInjectAll.kext itself).

Ahh.. Ok makes sense.. Thanks! Now my system is pretty much perfect. I've now moved on to, and almost finished with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my HP mini 113-3118Cl. Stuck trying to get the wireless card up /rt3090 Ralink the Wireless Utility isn't installing correctly. I will get it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back