CPU
Haswell I5 4th Gen
Graphics
Hd 4400 intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to figure out the USB port to disable on my Dell 7347 Touch Screen because of "ghost touches”

My usb touchscreen ports don't seem to follow the HS/SSP structure. Could someone help me, with figuring out what my usb port is? Or advice on how to disable it?

I've attached a screen shot of an example touchscreen with hs05 usb on the left, and mine Dell on the right ?

I've also included a copy of my IOreg/explorer..

I've tried each port with -uia_exclude=HS01 through HS15, and SSP1 through SSP6 and got nothing .. except HS04 disabled my trackpad.

I also tried -uia_exclude_HS: and -uia_exclude_SSP: which is suppose to disable all .. but didn't appear to work cause my trackpad sill worked. I also tried -uia_exclude=HS01;HS02 etc, didn't appear to work either, and nor did -uia_exclude=HS01,HS02..

I applied these boot kernal flags, in clover boot options .. from the boot screen?

Attachments

• piranhaSS.png
    piranhaSS.png
    411.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Piranha.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Bump .. Anyone ? My screen sometimes just goes nuts opening, moving, sometimes deleting files. I have to fix this.. I've tried Updd, wacom, random third party drivers nodda. The touch screen is using the mouse/trackpad driver so I can't just disable it.

Bump .. Anyone ? My screen sometimes just goes nuts opening, moving, sometimes deleting files. I have to fix this.. I've tried Updd, wacom, random third party drivers nodda. The touch screen is using the mouse/trackpad driver so I can't just disable it.

Use USBInjectAll for your ports. Customize as needed with an SSDT.

Determine the port used for the touchscreen. Disable the port with uia_exclude kernel flag. Details on uia_exclude are in the USBInjectAll README. For example, I disable the touchscreen on my Lenovo u430, connected at HS01 with uai_exclude=HS01.

Note spelling is important. It is uia_exclude, not -uia_exclude.

Use USBInjectAll for your ports. Customize as needed with an SSDT.

Determine the port used for the touchscreen. Disable the port with uia_exclude kernel flag. Details on uia_exclude are in the USBInjectAll README. For example, I disable the touchscreen on my Lenovo u430, connected at HS01 with uai_exclude=HS01.

Note spelling is important. It is uia_exclude, not -uia_exclude.

ok.. What am I doing wrong?? After reading the read me..

I tried uia_exclude_hs , uia_exclude_hs: same with uia_exclude_ss , uia_exclude_ss: , uia_exclude_ssp , uia_exclude_ssp: and, even uia_exclude_xhc, and uia_exclude_xhc: I added the ":" because it was shown .. I didn't think it was necessary but tried anyway.

I went into clover options ,and added each per reboot, to boot args..
The only thing I noticed was my wifi not being able to connect.

ok.. What am I doing wrong?? After reading the read me..

I tried uia_exclude_hs , uia_exclude_hs: same with uia_exclude_ss , uia_exclude_ss: , uia_exclude_ssp , uia_exclude_ssp: and, even uia_exclude_xhc, and uia_exclude_xhc: I added the ":" because it was shown .. I didn't think it was necessary but tried anyway.

I went into clover options ,and added each per reboot, to boot args..
The only thing I noticed was my wifi not being able to connect.

It is not a matter of trying random flags... First, determine the port the device is connected to. Then... use uia_exclude=<the port you found>.

If you have an issue, post ioreg and config.plist.

ok? I'm lost .. I understand .. I was trying to narrow down to which type, and port by excluding all. My I/O reg doesn't show the touch screen attached to HS,SS,SSP type of ports? It shows @1470000 port 0x7 something along those lines.

I willing to try, or do what it takes to solve this.. I've installed the injector kext as well. I didn't custom edit it, cause my system seems to follow the setup guidelines.. Maybe I misunderstood something? It's shows as loaded in Kext wizard..

I've included my I/O and plist.. I really appreciate your help in this matter..

Attachments

• MacBook.ioreg.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 74
ok? I'm lost .. I understand .. I was trying to narrow down to which type, and port by excluding all. My I/O reg doesn't show the touch screen attached to HS,SS,SSP type of ports? It shows @1470000 port 0x7 something along those lines.

I willing to try, or do what it takes to solve this.. I've installed the injector kext as well. I didn't custom edit it, cause my system seems to follow the setup guidelines.. Maybe I misunderstood something? It's shows as loaded in Kext wizard..

I've included my I/O and plist.. I really appreciate your help in this matter..

This ioreg is corrupt. Please use IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Gotcha..
Here's the updated version..

Attachments

• Piranha’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    405.1 KB · Views: 86
Gotcha..
Here's the updated version..

USBInjectAll.kext and the related kernel flags are only applicable to El Capitan (10.11.x).

Your ioreg shows Yosemite (10.10.x).

Right.. I saw that. I installed it based on your suggestion. I guess I should have been more clear on my OS version. I figured since you suggested it.. It might function enough to get the result, we were intending. I just updated last night to ver 10.10.5.. I was going to wait till all the bugs,and some limited function got worked out before moving to 10.11.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back