Contribute
Register

Help Creating DSDT for Gigabyte "GA-Q77M-D2H"

Status
Not open for further replies.
VDT was already disabled, so unfortunately, no luck there.

I booted with -v Here are a couple of screens I was able to snap before it went to the blank gray screen:

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Thank you so much.

Power Management kext is not loading. Boot back with -x -v and install nullcpupowermanagement.kext this will get your system up and running for now.

So far no luck. -x -v, along with everything else, just brings me back to the gray screen. *sigh

if new egg didn't have such a bad return policy, I'd just return my mobo for one with an available dsdt file. I seem to have purchased the black sheep of the hackintosh motherboard family.

I've reinstalled Multibeast so many different ways...it's just crazy and depressing. Is there anyone around who codes custom dsdt files?

Thanks again

So far no luck. -x -v, along with everything else, just brings me back to the gray screen. *sigh

if new egg didn't have such a bad return policy, I'd just return my mobo for one with an available dsdt file. I seem to have purchased the black sheep of the hackintosh motherboard family.

I've reinstalled Multibeast so many different ways...it's just crazy and depressing. Is there anyone around who codes custom dsdt files?

Thanks again
The supposed beauty of Gigabyte motherboards is that they don't require a DSDT (never had to use one for my install). One question, I noticed in one of your earlier posts, you were using a MacPro 5,1 system definition, which is for an LGA1366 board. Have you tried using iMac 12,1 or 12,2, which is for LGA1155 boards like the Q77M-D2H?

-bth

I changed my system definition to iMac 12.2, but I still seem to be hanging on the powermanagement issue. Why would this not have installed correctly with multibeast?

image (1).jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 178
I changed my system definition to iMac 12.2, but I still seem to be hanging on the powermanagement issue. Why would this not have installed correctly with multibeast?

Your attached images are too small to read. However, if you are having it hang on power management, you may need to get rid of OEMsmbios.kext.

-Go to the /System/Library/Extensions folder and look for FakeSMC.kext.
-Right click on the file and select 'Show Package Contents'
-Drill down to the /Contents/PlugIns folder and look for OEMsmbios.kext. If present, delete it.
-Reboot

Hopefully that will cure your problem.

-bth

strange...it used to keep the images the same size, now it's compressing them whenever I insert them.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 215
And...how do i delete OEMsmbios without being able to get into my operating system?

And...how do i delete OEMsmbios without being able to get into my operating system?

I noticed that said you had a 3.4GHz i5 CPU. I'm assuming that it is an i5-3570 or i3-3570K. If it is a 3570K, have tried removing the GT640 card and installing ML using the internal Intel HD4000 graphics (using the DVI port and not the VGA port on the motherboard)? If it's the "plain" i5-3570 this won't work as the internal graphics (HD2500) are not supported by ML.

If you have the 3570K and try this approach, make sure the BIOS is set to use the internal graphics.

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back