Contribute
Register

[Help!] Crackly, janky Audio on OSX Mavericks, Sabertooth x79, i7 4930k, GTX 780 - on USB audio AND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

So literally everything in my build works as planned except for audio, its the last bloody ich that can't be scratched and I feel that i'm at the limits of my knowledge to fix it, beyond trial and error, of which i've actually done days of attempts.

The system i'm running my hackintosh OS x mavericks install on is as follows.

Case: - Corsair CC500R White $159
Motherboard: - Asus Sabertooth-X79 $369
Power Supply: - Corsair 80Plus Gold RM1000 $259
Processor: - Intel 2011pin i7-4930K $658
Storage: - Samsung 840 PRO Series SATA3 512GB $479
- WD SE F9YZ SATA3 3TB $215
GPU: - Nvidia GTX 780 - 3G MSI OC-TF $665
RAM: - 2x G-Skill Trident-X 16G Kit $405
Wireless Card: - Asus PCI-E-AC66 $99
Cooling: - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme $149
Disk Drive: - SATA Pioneer Blu-Ray Writer $78

Here is a list of the settings which i Initially installed with Multibeast, and below are the boot flags which i am currently running:

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 5.43.55 pm.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 5.51.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 8.21.40 am.png

As you can see above the appleHDA ALC892 codec is meant to be the one which is supported for this motherboard, and yet using it is actually less successful to fix this problem than other codecs i've tried, as described below.

The problem:

I can hear sound, the issue is not that there is no sound outputting to my speakers, but the sound is, as best i can describe it, janky, crackly, and cuts out frequently. So much so that it is unlistenable. I also found when playing video files, as a result of this, the audio would get out of sync terribly with the video.

It is really important for me as I am a professional video editor and sound is a necessity.

My attempts:
I first tried to remedy it by researching if there were different kexts i needed.
Many posts online said they had success by installing the following settings from a rolled back version of multibeast, being 4.6.1:

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 5.48.47 pm.png

But im afraid these had no effect on the janky sound.

I felt like i've tried everything. I attempted trial and error with plenty of the DSDT free kexts in multi-beast and others suggested online, to no avail.

So I thought perhaps it may work if I buy a USB sound card, so i purchased, installed the driver for, and plugged in the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, which is powered and installed correctly, and after switching the audio line out in preferences to the USB audio card, of course, the exact same problem remains. Janky, crackly sound.

I've tried a few options which have improved the sound a little by trial and error.

The Realtek ALC887/888b Current 100302 + HDAEnabler.kext (Without DSDT) from the latest mavericks multi-beast has made the crackling less frequent and smaller, but its still there, and still annoying, and the problems with audio sync are still rife and its not good enough for the work that I do.

I don't really know what to do, and anyone who can tell me anything obvious or perhaps less obvious that I may be doing wrong to fix it (perhaps whether the npci=0x2000 boot flag is causing it?), or anyone with similar specs who can show me what worked for them, I would be super appreciative.

Thanks
Mvenom101

I followed your steps and having the same issue with sound. I am going to try to find another solution also, if there is a solution I will post here.

Yup! That helped me get the computer up and running. Thank you very much for an awesome guide.:thumbup:

Edit:
I used npci=0x3000 which gave me the same issue. I switched to npci=0x2000 to no avail. I am going to try a fresh install without installing any audio kext and just use my USB for audio see if that helps.

I had this same problem. Had to use the latest Chameleon Boot loader, something with Chimera doesn't vibe. Sounds weird but it works for me and others. My clock also wouldn't stay in sync before I used Chameleon either. Installed over my existing install without issues

the same problem here,
i installed Mavericks 10.9.2 twice:
- one with npci=0x3000 and the problem showed, then i heard that npci=0x3000 disable audio
- so i installed it again from the beginning with npci=0x2000, but the problem still there.

my component: i7-4930 - Asus x79 deluxe - GTX 780

Same thing over here.

Asus x79 Deluxe
I7 4960
32GB
Newest drivers/kext available

i'm gonna try chameleon out, like the guy 2 post beneath suggested.

Same thing over here.

Asus x79 Deluxe
I7 4960
32GB
Newest drivers/kext available

i'm gonna try chameleon out, like the guy 2 post beneath suggested.

Did anyone here ever get this going? I have everything 100% except audio. I cannot get audio to work at all other than via HDMI on the GTX770 I have. Thank you in advance.

Did anyone here ever get this going? I have everything 100% except audio. I cannot get audio to work at all other than via HDMI on the GTX770 I have. Thank you in advance.

I'm at a full 100% working but used a combination of three tutorials to get it going and two frelling days!! Audio is via 3.5mm to external speakers only, not tested hdmi audio.

OZThPoj.jpg

right click and open image in a new tab.

How did you get audio working through that graphics card and HDMI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back