Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I have the same MB and CPU in my build and just switched to your OC from Clover 5118.
First of all, thanks for sharing your EFI. My Hack booted right away and almost everything seems to be working fine.
The only thing i couldn't get to work by now is WIFI + Bluetooth.
Neither the internal WIFI nor my TP-Link Archer is recognized by MACOS. What is the reason for that? In my Cloverbuild, at least the TP-Link worked right away after installing it, without changing any kexts or whatever.
I had to change some BIOS settings for the Clover-installation, so i would be very glad if you could tell me what BIOS settings you changed on your system.

Thanks for the help!

MB: Z390 AORUS XTREME
CPU: I9900K
RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR4-3200 64GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 OC 8GB

Hey,
I have the same MB and CPU in my build and just switched to your OC from Clover 5118.
First of all, thanks for sharing your EFI. My Hack booted right away and almost everything seems to be working fine.
The only thing i couldn't get to work by now is WIFI + Bluetooth.
Neither the internal WIFI nor my TP-Link Archer is recognized by MACOS. What is the reason for that? In my Cloverbuild, at least the TP-Link worked right away after installing it, without changing any kexts or whatever.
I had to change some BIOS settings for the Clover-installation, so i would be very glad if you could tell me what BIOS settings you changed on your system.

Thanks for the help!

MB: Z390 AORUS XTREME
CPU: I9900K
RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR4-3200 64GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 OC 8GB
Hey @soundmaster ! Sorry again for the delay in replying.. I must not have notifications turned on.
Have you sorted things out?
I had endless problems with my bluetooth+wifi but eventually got it sorted out.
Oddly enough, now I can't successfully upgrade to 11.4 and keep everything working.
I've installed it on a second NVMe on my system for testing, but right now I can't get Thunderbolt to work as it does on my 11.2.3 system (which is stable).
Let me know if you've figured out how to get bluetooth+wifi to work for you.
If you haven't already, be sure to disable WiFi in the bios so that your pci card isn't conflicting with the on-board wifi card.

Hey! Sorry for the delay - didn't see this right away.
Sure, I'm attaching my EFI. It's been working flawlessly; so much so that I ended up selling my 16-inch MacBook Pro and using this Hackintosh 100% of the time now for work. It's that reliable.
Tnt for your efi, the build work fine, i have only 1 problem: thunderbolt ports don’t work. In your build do they work?

Hey @soundmaster ! Sorry again for the delay in replying.. I must not have notifications turned on.
Have you sorted things out?
I had endless problems with my bluetooth+wifi but eventually got it sorted out.
Oddly enough, now I can't successfully upgrade to 11.4 and keep everything working.
I've installed it on a second NVMe on my system for testing, but right now I can't get Thunderbolt to work as it does on my 11.2.3 system (which is stable).
Let me know if you've figured out how to get bluetooth+wifi to work for you.
If you haven't already, be sure to disable WiFi in the bios so that your pci card isn't conflicting with the on-board wifi card.
hey @Covalt !
no probs. as you see, i am also bad at replying in time :D
i havent been able to get the latest OC working since i am a complete noob at computers and had lots of jobs to do recently, in which i was dependant on a stable running system. a friend helped me with the first clover install (actually he did it all by himself) and when i moved to OpenCore, i only took your EFI and followed several guides to change UUID etc.
did you manage to get TB working since the last time you wrote? what OS are you currently on and can you again attach your latest efi folder for me, so i can upgrade to the latest bigsur that works stable on your efi.
another question: did you manage to get the internal wifi card running so i can get rid of my tp archer? :D would be awesome.

Has anyone managed to upgrade to any OC release newer than 0.66? i'm stuck and have no idea how to upgrade since none of my changes seem to work.

Hey! Sorry for the delay - didn't see this right away.
Sure, I'm attaching my EFI. It's been working flawlessly; so much so that I ended up selling my 16-inch MacBook Pro and using this Hackintosh 100% of the time now for work. It's that reliable.

Do you think your EFI folder also works for the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra + i9-9900K ??

1. Goto my Z390 build thread (link is below in my signature).
  2. Download and unZip the latest OpenCore EFI from post #1.
  3. Navigate to /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  4. Copy SSDT-AWAC.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml, and SSDT-PMC.aml.
  5. Paste in to your own /EFI/OC/ACPI/.

These are all the files you need to get your system up and running.
Hi pastrychef, I have a similar setup as yours. Z390 M Gaming + 9900k + RX 580 4GB. I used your EFI to install macOS Monetery. Everything is working but the boot times are pretty slow. I have disabled boot picker, replaced the opencore files with the RELEASE version and disabled all logging. However, I am still getting very slow boot times.

During bootup, first I reach this screen:
zywrbtk7qck41.jpg

and it gets stuck here for about 45 seconds doing nothing before proceeding. It takes over 60 seconds to boot into the OS, which is very slow because my previous BigSur installation took only 15-20 seconds. I tried enabling the -v flag in boot args, but weirdly the bootup procedure is failing with the -v flag.

Can you please help?

Hi pastrychef, I have a similar setup as yours. Z390 M Gaming + 9900k + RX 580 4GB. I used your EFI to install macOS Monetery. Everything is working but the boot times are pretty slow. I have disabled boot picker, replaced the opencore files with the RELEASE version and disabled all logging. However, I am still getting very slow boot times.

During bootup, first I reach this screen:
View attachment 545075

and it gets stuck here for about 45 seconds doing nothing before proceeding. It takes over 60 seconds to boot into the OS, which is very slow because my previous BigSur installation took only 15-20 seconds. I tried enabling the -v flag in boot args, but weirdly the bootup procedure is failing with the -v flag.

Can you please help?

Are you using a Samsung NVMe SSD?

Yes. 970 Plus 1TB.

There's a known issue with Samsung NVMe SSD Trim that cause slow boots. As far as I know, there's no known fix other than to replace with a different brand of SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back