Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. Busy with work. Anyway, here's my EFI that I originally got from @Covalt but had to re-do the config.plist from scratch since I upgraded to OC 0.5.9. Let me know if it works for you. (Also, I removed the MLB, Serial and UUID, just fill it in with your own)

Hi @jdapolo and @Covalt, I also have the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme with the i9-9900K and a Radeon VII, and I was wondering if either or both of you have fully working OpenCore config. @jdapolo , it sounded like you had to make some changes--would you be willing to share your EFI? Do you have a pointer to the Dortania tutorial you referenced?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 224
hi @pastrychef ! It's been a while. Wondered what your thoughts are around Big Sur. I've been running 10.15.7 smoothly with OC 0.5.8 for quite some time and wondered if installing Big Sur would pretty much wreck my system if I just did a simple install. I haven't looked into it much yet, but was curious what you'd say.

hi @pastrychef ! It's been a while. Wondered what your thoughts are around Big Sur. I've been running 10.15.7 smoothly with OC 0.5.8 for quite some time and wondered if installing Big Sur would pretty much wreck my system if I just did a simple install. I haven't looked into it much yet, but was curious what you'd say.

I haven't updated yet. I'm having trouble downloading the update... Apple's servers are probably being hit hard.

I don't anticipate any problems. Update to latest OpenCore first. I'll report back after updating.

I haven't updated yet. I'm having trouble downloading the update... Apple's servers are probably being hit hard.

I don't anticipate any problems. Update to latest OpenCore first. I'll report back after updating.
Heh yeah I haven't been able to download it on my MBP either..

Thanks for offering to report back after you've updated - hope it goes smoothly!

Hello Covalt.
What is the last efi you are using?
I'm having problem...

Hello Covalt.
What is the last efi you are using?
I'm having problem...
In post #319. I haven't made any changes to my EFI in a long time since I've been running smoothly.
macOS 10.15.7. Would like to upgrade to Big Sur, but don't have the time right now to get the Hackintosh running smoothly if it's not a simple install.

Oops... Forgot to reply here. I updated fine to Big Sur on latest OpenCore.

Oops... Forgot to reply here. I updated fine to Big Sur on latest OpenCore.
oh awesome, that's good to hear!
I'm still using OpenCore 0.5.8, and see the latest is now 0.6.3.
It's been so long since I setup my machine, I don't remember what steps I'd need to take to update to the latest OpenCore.
Are you using 0.6.3 with Big Sur?

@pastrychef today I attempted to update my EFI from OpenCore 0.5.8 to 0.6.5.
Unfortunately I failed and now can't boot up my Hackintosh.

On a 32GB thumb drive I have my original EFI folder on an EFI partition. However, I don't have macOS installed on that thumb drive.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get my original EFI back onto my 512GB NVMe drive (Hackintosh drive).

I also have a 1TB NVMe drive for Windows 10, but I can't figure out how to mount my Hackintosh EFI to copy the EFI folder onto there from within Windows (I've searched all over, can't find an answer).

Can I somehow boot from my 32GB thumb drive that has the proper EFI, though it doesn't have an OS?
Trying to figure out what options I have here to go back to my original EFI and try updating again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back