Contribute
Register

Help: Clover stuck on apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for the support!

I maybe have gone a little forward: I was able to boot using OpenCore and start Big Sur installation from the USB.
After rebooting, I select the macOS installer on the hard drive to continue installation, but I get this error:

2021-03-07 23.30.36.png

And now OpenCore is not letting me select any option on startup, just rebooting.

Tried to remake the USB from scratch (yet using the same EFI folder) but same thing is going on. I suspect something was changed in the EFI folder? I also double checked the BIOS but I couldn't find anything different from when it booted correctly the first time...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:
I re-made everything from scratch and found that something was missing - I skipped the GenSMBIOS part (among possibly other steps).

Now I was just able to install from USB and run the installer from the SSD. Apparently everything went smooth but, once finished and rebooting, the BIOS screen pops up and there is no bootable device available (not the USB nor the SSD).
Every effort to try to boot over from the USB failed.

Any suggestions?

IT BOOTS!

I was finally able to get it working and Big Sur seems to boot and run with no major issue! I'll try to post some details as soon as I get everything fixed.

At the moment, I am still having problems with the dual display configuration. I can just use one display at a time (my motherboard has one DP and one HDMI).
Any suggestions about how to make it work? Would connecting both displays through DP work?

Hi,
could you please attach your EFI folder? I've been trying for so long with the same mother board with no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back