Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z390-P
CPU
I5-9600k
Graphics
Saphire Pulse RX580
Hello guys, I had a previous attempt to install Mojave on an old pc but it was without any success because of the configuration. Last week I made an effort and managed to buy a PC, all components from the "Buyer's Guide section" with hope that everything will go smooth this time. Unfortunately this is not the case and I'm getting desperate about this because more and more I read about z390 motherboard series I see only problems with them. I found only one guide of @ModMike that got me at actual Catalina install but that also didn't worked out for me because it crashed every time at 2 mins until completion with a message like 'macOs could not be install on your computer'. Last time I tried again the main installation guide but it didn't even loaded the clover install menu. As I recall I did everything as written in the guides, but without any success at all and the most frustrating thing is that I bought the recommended parts for this pc from the buyer's guide.
Do this motherboard require special installation?

Last edited:
Hello i have asus prime z390-p ! i3-9100F ! RX570 pulse 8GO . My Catalina works fine. Replace your EFI by my EFI and test !

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    21.2 MB · Views: 454
It worked with your EFI folder! Thank you very much! I`m so happy about it!
Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 11.00.43.png

And I have a quesiton for you. Don`t you know why at each reboot I have this BIOS warning?
bios.jpg

It 's because of Catalina 10.15.4. I'm in 10.15.3 and clover is 5098, i did not update ! I think you must update Clover in 5108 with clover configurator.

hello, you can update in Catalina 10.15.5! it works fine with clover r5108 !I also had a Bios warning on the first start (press F1 for enter bios and quit with F10) but nothing after that.
I also update some kexts before update Catalina . See attach files.
Have Fun !!!
20200406_170929.jpg

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 123
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    1 MB · Views: 121
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    59 KB · Views: 113
  • SSDT-PNLF.dsl
    10.5 KB · Views: 147
  • WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    197.5 KB · Views: 115
hello, you can update in Catalina 10.15.5! it works fine with clover r5108 !I also had a Bios warning on the first start (press F1 for enter bios and quit with F10) but nothing after that.
I also update some kexts before update Catalina . See attach files.
Have Fun !!!View attachment 460166

Can you awake after sleep in Catalina?
My screen goes black and i've to reset my machine.
In Mojave it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back