Contribute
Register

HELP! Can't Install Catalina [Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | i9-990K | Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
I am able to get the apple screen and the initial progress bar. When that first progress bar completes the screen just goes black and nothing else happens.

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a viable solution here. I followed the install guide as close as I could. When I got to the point where it told me to set BIOS settings (I'm running version F12c) I was able to do the following per the instructions in Step 3 of the installation guide:

1 - Loaded BIOS settings
2 - Loaded optimized defaults
3 - Disabled VT-d
4 - Disable CFG-Lock (Could not locate)
5 - Disable Secure Boot Mode (I did not have the option to do this. There were two options available, "Custom" or "Standard", I left it on "Custom")

6 - Set OS type to Other OS
7 - Disable IO Serial Port (I could not locate this)
8 - Enabled XHCI Handoff

Does anyone know if the steps highlighted in red above are things that apply to the BIOS settings for my motherboard? If they do, does someone know where I can locate these settings with my F12c version of BIOS for a Gigabyte motherboard?

One more question I had as well. The instructions state to put multibeast on the USB drive that you use to install Catalina, does that mean it should be placed in the install portion on the USB drive or the EFI portion?

Appreciate any and all feedback, total newbie to the world of Hackintosh here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back