Contribute
Register

[Help] Can't disable discrete graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was completely unaware of that, thank you very much.
After a couple of hours i finally fixed backlight and brightness hotkeys (I used _Q11 and _Q12).
I still have some questions about how to fix my trackpad but i guess i need to follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/
Thanks a lot fo your help
Hello sebastian73683, can you share me your clover. I really want to run Hackintosh on my laptop but I can’t fix backlight.
Thanks very much..

Attachments

• debug_22469.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
I don't know this problem, when I enabled GFX0->IGPU patch, my laptop was blackscreen (not 3 minutes after booting).

You installed AppleBacklightFixup.kext improperly.
Look at your kextcache output (must not ignore such errors):
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa7dfc92780 [0x7fff912cb8e0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

You installed AppleBacklightFixup.kext improperly.
Look at your kextcache output (must not ignore such errors):
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa7dfc92780 [0x7fff912cb8e0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

I have reinstalled AppleBacklightFixup.kext with terminal and run sudo kextcache -i / but it still not working. I still be blackscreen at booting.
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan-BacklightFixup*/Release/AppleBacklightFixup.kext /Library/Extensions

Attachments

• debug_500.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
I have reinstalled AppleBacklightFixup.kext with terminal and run sudo kextcache -i / but it still not working. I still be blackscreen at booting.
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan-BacklightFixup*/Release/AppleBacklightFixup.kext /Library/Extensions

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check files before upload.

Hello sebastian73683!
I have researched about trackpad on Lenovo Legion Y530. This is ELAN061B and currently not supporting. The next VoodooI2C release should support it.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-73#post-1855767

Can you help me to fix backlight control or share your clover? Thanks for your helping.
When I enabled GFX0->IGPU patch, my computer was blackscreen. I have installed AppleBacklightFixup.kext to L/E, Lilu.kext and Whatevergcreen.kext to Clover/Kext/Other.
I have also been researching about that and apparently he has been able to fix his trackpad https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lenovo-y530-i2c-synaptics-touchpad-issues.263532/ , Alexander posted on gitter that he has not been able to add Coffee Lake support yet. Some people said that polling mode should help us fix our trackpad.

I could not fix hardware acceleration until i used your folder and i have been using it since that day, you should fix your permissions. I need to wait 3 minutes until my computer boots, AppleBacklightFixup was not working until i moved Lilu to Library/Extensions/ and i patched my DSDT with _Q11 and _Q12 to fix Hotkeys

Attachments

• debug_500.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back