i7 5500u
Graphics
Intel HD 5500 @ 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, folks.

I can't seem to fix my DSDT for compiling it correctly, thus I'm unable to apply any patches.

My laptop is a Clevo W670SR and currently I am running 10.9.2 on an Intel SSD, dual booting Windows 8.1 on a Plextor mSata SSD. System boots correctly and I'm able to access both systems fairly.

I was able to install Kexts and get the following correctly working:

Intel HD4600M

Geforce GT 750M

VIA High Definition Audio (through VoodooHDA)

Wifi and Bluetooth on my Atheros card (which I purchased separately - not originally in the laptop)

Elan Touchpad

What is still not working:

Realtek PCIE CardReader (Vendor: 10EC / Device: 5289)

Battery (Tried VoodooBattery / AppleACPIPlatform kext patch, but these kept causing lock ups in either the logon screen or after logging in so I removed them)

Brightness (No idea which keyboard keys I should use to adjust them and I don't have the slider under Displays in sysprefs)

Could someone please help me suggesting how to fix my DSDT for correct compiling and also which patches/kexts I should look for fixing the remaining issues, if possible?

Many thanks!

DSDT and IOREG are attached.

Attachments

• DSDT-IOREG.zip
    453.1 KB · Views: 71
Hello, folks.

I can't seem to fix my DSDT for compiling it correctly, thus I'm unable to apply any patches.

Change line 71, from:
Code:
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.PEG0.PEGP.TGPC, BuffFieldObj)

To:
Code:
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.TGPC, BuffFieldObj)

Then apply patch, https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, Apply "Fix ADBG Error"

Battery (Tried VoodooBattery / AppleACPIPlatform kext patch, but these kept causing lock ups in either the logon screen or after logging in so I removed them)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Brightness (No idea which keyboard keys I should use to adjust them and I don't have the slider under Displays in sysprefs)

Haswell Brigthness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined.

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to SSDT with GFX0
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU)

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

Change line 71, from:
Code:
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.PEG0.PEGP.TGPC, BuffFieldObj)

To:
Code:
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.TGPC, BuffFieldObj)

Then apply patch, https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, Apply "Fix ADBG Error"

Allright, I was able to do this and now I only have warnings when trying to compile. No more errors.

Man, that's too much for me... I guess my computing skills don't go as far as that. Is there an easier way to accomplish the battery status?

Haswell Brigthness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined.

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to SSDT with GFX0
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU)

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

If I understood correctly, I think this one is pretty doable. Are you able to suggest a linux live boot CD with which I could extract the SSDTs/DSDT?

Many thanks, sir!

Allright, I was able to do this and now I only have warnings when trying to compile. No more errors.

Warnings don't matter.

Man, that's too much for me... I guess my computing skills don't go as far as that. Is there an easier way to accomplish the battery status?

No easy way out... Not with modern CPUs (Ivy and beyond). But you should really take a closer look at things before giving up. Your DSDT has no multi-byte EC fields.

If I understood correctly, I think this one is pretty doable. Are you able to suggest a linux live boot CD with which I could extract the SSDTs/DSDT?

I use Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Mostly because I made the USB a long time ago, and it still works...

Just copy the /sys/firmware/acpi/tables to a FAT32 formatted USB, eg.
Code:
# USB-LABEL will vary depending on the label you assigned when you formatted the USB
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables /media/USB-LABEL

Ok... I'll look for Ubuntu boot CD.

Regarding the battery patch, reading the guide again and looking for EbeddedControl, I did really notice that there are no fields higher than 8bit. So what should be patched then?

Do I only need to install the kext you mentioned?

Thanks!

Silly me, man...

No patching required for battery. I just installed your kext and it works great. THANKS!

Now let's search for Ubuntu.

Thanks!

Silly me, man...

No patching required for battery. I just installed your kext and it works great. THANKS!

Yes... that's what I figured...

Thanks for the tips. I was able to get brightness working as well. Lid sleep is also working. I'm unsure as to IGPU power management.

Something is not ok with the battery... It seems that Mavericks is not calculating the remaining battery time correctly (showing something like 4 minutes remaining even though I still have 50% of the charge remaining). This causes the low battery warning to show up constantly. Have you seen that same problem happen with someone else?

The DSDT I extracted from Linux was showing some more errors while compiling so I am using the one I had patched previously (I patched GFX0 on it as well).

I am attaching the patched files so you can add to the Repo if you want. Notebook model is a Sager W670SR rebranded to Avell B155 by the Brazilian company Avell.

The Linux DSDT was also attached, just in case. Do you think I will benefit from using it instead of the one I had patched previously (extracted with MaciASL)?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• SAGER-W670SR-DSDT_SSDT_IOREG.zip
    444.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for the tips. I was able to get brightness working as well. Lid sleep is also working. I'm unsure as to IGPU power management.

Something is not ok with the battery... It seems that Mavericks is not calculating the remaining battery time correctly (showing something like 4 minutes remaining even though I still have 50% of the charge remaining). This causes the low battery warning to show up constantly. Have you seen that same problem happen with someone else?

Ioreg provided below is without battery driver installed... so no idea.

The DSDT I extracted from Linux was showing some more errors while compiling so I am using the one I had patched previously (I patched GFX0 on it as well).

What was the source of your DSDT? Native DSDT extracted from Linux or elsewhere will be identical.

I am attaching the patched files so you can add to the Repo if you want. Notebook model is a Sager W670SR rebranded to Avell B155 by the Brazilian company Avell.

DSDT is only useful for the person with the machine. It is a bad idea to share DSDT files.

The Linux DSDT was also attached, just in case. Do you think I will benefit from using it instead of the one I had patched previously (extracted with MaciASL)?

Linux DSDT seems to have the same errors as previous.

Note: Looking at ioreg, you still have work to do wrt power management (custom SSDT). And AppleLPC is not loaded, so you'll need to do something there (injector kext or DSDT patch).

Ioreg provided below is without battery driver installed... so no idea.
New IOReg attached.

What was the source of your DSDT? Native DSDT extracted from Linux or elsewhere will be identical.
Extracted with Chameleon Wizard.

DSDT is only useful for the person with the machine. It is a bad idea to share DSDT files.
Sorry, man... Didn't know that.

Linux DSDT seems to have the same errors as previous.
Do I really need to use it? Or can I just ignore it and keep the one I'm using?

Note: Looking at ioreg, you still have work to do wrt power management (custom SSDT). And AppleLPC is not loaded, so you'll need to do something there (injector kext or DSDT patch).
[/QUOTE]
Can you please check the new attached file? Not sure if something changed after my last changes. If still not loaded, can you please advise what next fixes should I search for? Tried searching the forum and found some related topics and am reading them now, but if a guide exists, it should be easier to follow.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    418.2 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back