Contribute
Register

Help, Can't Boot Mojave for initial install!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Hello,

I am hoping you all can help me.

My set up is

Motherboard: gigabyte z390 m gaming
CPU: Intel i7 9700 k
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580
SSD: Samsung 860 evo 500gb

i went ahead and followed the installation guide using unibeast and got as far as the final portion of installation where it says 14 minutes left but then the screen goes black and my computer restarts. I have went through the restarts a few amount of times so i think its abnormal.

When i run with -v this is what i get. Please let me know what i can do to fix this:) or if you need more info.

-Sosopika3

Attachments

• IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4518.JPG
    IMG_4518.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4520.JPG
    IMG_4520.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4522.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4523.JPG
    IMG_4523.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4525.JPG
    IMG_4525.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4526.JPG
    IMG_4526.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4528.JPG
    IMG_4528.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

View attachment 393859

Thank you sooo much! i could have sworn i disabled it but i might have forgot to hit save. Countless hours trying to figure it out and it was staring at me right in the face! I am forever grateful. I have been able to install and an up and running.

I might have spoken to soon, things were running fine for 10 min and then everything froze. Now every time i boot via internal ssd it freeze's once i log in.

Edit: I have updated some settings via Multibeast and got my computer to run via ssd. It seems to freeze 2 times before it starts up. the first freeze is during bootup where it shows the apple logo, and progress bar. The second is when i first input my password, and then the third it logins in correctly and do not get any issues. Is there something im missing? Let me know if you have an idea on what my settings should have been on multibeast.

Edit 2: Okay so i am not sure what happened but it has now stopped freezing and is running fine again. Using the shut down button causes it to restart (which i can troubleshoot later, as i see other forums on this). My only problem is my external hard drive isnt being recognized when i plug it in. i have installed third party usb 3.0 and 7/8/9 series but it does not seem to have worked. I do notice that it does recognize the drive when using a usb hub. Any ideas? Should i also start a new thread for this?

Attachments

• IMG_4536.JPG
    IMG_4536.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Edit 2: Okay so i am not sure what happened but it has now stopped freezing and is running fine again. Using the shut down button causes it to restart (which i can troubleshoot later, as i see other forums on this). My only problem is my external hard drive isnt being recognized when i plug it in. i have installed third party usb 3.0 and 7/8/9 series but it does not seem to have worked. I do notice that it does recognize the drive when using a usb hub. Any ideas? Should i also start a new thread for this?
Please upload 2 files:
  • Compress and upload your CLOVER folder from the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer then just choose File --> Save As... Upload the saved file.
The external hard drive problem may stem from improper USB port configuration. The shutdown/restart problem may require AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and/or EmuVariable. By uploading the 2 files above, we can make a preliminary assessment.

Please upload 2 files:
  • Compress and upload your CLOVER folder from the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer then just choose File --> Save As... Upload the saved file.
The external hard drive problem may stem from improper USB port configuration. The shutdown/restart problem may require AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and/or EmuVariable. By uploading the 2 files above, we can make a preliminary assessment.

I am not sure why but the restarting and freezing has stopped happening. It happened about 10 times and then just stopped. My usb drive is still wonky. The build itself is pretty stable.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 79
  • Registry.ioreg
    18.2 MB · Views: 125
I am not sure why but the restarting and freezing has stopped happening. It happened about 10 times and then just stopped. My usb drive is still wonky. The build itself is pretty stable.
Please try the attached config.plist to see if it helps with Shutdown/Restart and the USB drive issue. In your original file there is no "USB port limit patch", which means you are limited to the first 15 USB ports that macOS finds. These ports can be seen in IORegistry as shown below. The port names are HS01 through HS14, and SS01.

HSxx means USB High Speed or USB 2.0.
SSxx means USB Super Speed or USB 3.0.

Because a USB 3 port is backwards compatible with USB 2, it appears as both a HSxx port and a SSxx port. So even though you may have connected your USB disk to a USB 3 port, macOS is applying the USB 2 driver to it.

I've added a USB port limit patch that might show all SSxx devices as well, but this patch does not necessarily work after Mojave is installed. It is used most often during installation.
  • The proper solution is to create a USB SSDT by following this guide.
  • But you can also try installing the patches described here.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.33.10 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 119
Please try the attached config.plist to see if it helps with Shutdown/Restart and the USB drive issue. In your original file there is no "USB port limit patch", which means you are limited to the first 15 USB ports that macOS finds. These ports can be seen in IORegistry as shown below. The port names are HS01 through HS14, and SS01.

HSxx means USB High Speed or USB 2.0.
SSxx means USB Super Speed or USB 3.0.

Because a USB 3 port is backwards compatible with USB 2, it appears as both a HSxx port and a SSxx port. So even though you may have connected your USB disk to a USB 3 port, macOS is applying the USB 2 driver to it.

I've added a USB port limit patch that might show all SSxx devices as well, but this patch does not necessarily work after Mojave is installed. It is used most often during installation.
  • The proper solution is to create a USB SSDT by following this guide.
  • But you can also try installing the patches described here.
View attachment 394125

Once again! Thank you very much. The new plist.config solved the usb issue. It was pretty scary at first because the first 2 times i booted i got a prohibitory symbol but after that it was fine. I know this is a temp fix as i would have to change my settings for newer editions, i do plan on trying to do it the proper way once i actually understand it all as most goes over my head. I only have one last minor issue, when i use the shut down function, it acts as a restart button. Anything i should change in the config?

Please try these suggestions as well:

In the ACPI section, check-ON "Halt Enabler".
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.33.23 PM.png
In the SMBIOS section, click that pop-up menu on the far right and choose an SMBIOS. This will populate all of those empty white boxes. Then check-ON the "Trust" flag.
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.32.56 PM.png
You should also consider adding the Framebuffer connector patch for your Gigabyte Z390M Gaming. This will enable the on-board video ports, including HDMI. The patch is already available here:

If shutdown still refuses to work, you might need to install EmuVariable and RC scripts. This can be done by downloading Clover directly and running the Clover installer. Let me know if you need help with this.

Please try these suggestions as well:

In the ACPI section, check-ON "Halt Enabler".
View attachment 394268
In the SMBIOS section, click that pop-up menu on the far right and choose an SMBIOS. This will populate all of those empty white boxes. Then check-ON the "Trust" flag.
View attachment 394269
You should also consider adding the Framebuffer connector patch for your Gigabyte Z390M Gaming. This will enable the on-board video ports, including HDMI. The patch is already available here:

If shutdown still refuses to work, you might need to install EmuVariable and RC scripts. This can be done by downloading Clover directly and running the Clover installer. Let me know if you need help with this.

I changed the settings but the issue remains. If you could point me to some directions on the emu install and rc scripts it would be very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back