Contribute
Register

HELP! Can't boot after a routine multibeast cache rebuild...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65
CPU
INTEL i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 1060 MSI 6gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My rig has been running fine for ages now, I ran multibeast a yesterday and rebuilt caches but now I can't boot! :( I get a black screen with gpu fan going nuts?
I must have selected something by accident.

Anyway the legacy iboot wont get me into my desktop nor will the latest one. Any know of an iboot version that I can get back to my desktop with? :banghead:
THANKS

You weren't backed up? Running a Hack without a backup is living dangerously! Hard drives are cheap and Carbon Copy Cloner is free.

You will have to re-install. When you get to the desktop, stop and backup. Then as you add things, backup again. When I setup my Hack I made 7 backup partitions on a 1TB drive and backed up to them in order as I installed and added things. I had to restore several times, but I never had to do a complete re-install.

I do have a backup, its a cuople of weeks old though I dont think I need to go that route yet. I just need an ati iboot I think

OK I'm back, used rboot to get back into my install and run multibeast correctly.
To the guy above, don't go telling people noob answers like 'reinstall' buddy. That is not helpful at all and is a last resort. (and of course I know about cloning and restoring)

To the guy above, don't go telling people noob answers like 'reinstall' buddy. That is not helpful at all and is a last resort. (and of course I know about cloning and restoring)
How would I know that?
I gave you an answer based on what you posted. You should have stated what you knew about the problem instead of coming across like a newbie. My crystal ball is cloudy! The more information you supply, the better the answer is going to be. If you don't like the advice given, just ignore it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back