Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, I have a laptop Dell XPS L321x 13 inch. I successfully installed MAC OSX Yosemite to it and everything seems to work nicely. I run multibeast and select the Chimera Bootlaoder and install it. It says it installs successfully but when I unplug my unibeast USB and reboot the computer, I select to boot from my hard drive my dell tells me "No Operations Systems found". When I plug in unibeast USB and select to boot from it, it boots fine. Why won't my laptop boot from the HDD? Did Chimera not install correctly? my bios settings are all right by the way. Thanks!

Laptop specs:

CPU: i5-2467M dual core 1.6 ghz 2mb cache
GPU: Intel on-board HD 3000
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1333
Storage: 128GB SSD

Hello, I have a laptop Dell XPS L321x 13 inch. I successfully installed MAC OSX Yosemite to it and everything seems to work nicely. I run multibeast and select the Chimera Bootlaoder and install it. It says it installs successfully but when I unplug my unibeast USB and reboot the computer, I select to boot from my hard drive my dell tells me "No Operations Systems found". When I plug in unibeast USB and select to boot from it, it boots fine. Why won't my laptop boot from the HDD? Did Chimera not install correctly? my bios settings are all right by the way. Thanks!

Laptop specs:

CPU: i5-2467M dual core 1.6 ghz 2mb cache
GPU: Intel on-board HD 4000
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1600
Storage: 128GB SSD

It is possible your BIOS won't boot legacy to a GPT drive. Or it could be some other issue (lack of active partition, PBR not written due to 4k/AF disk).

Note: The i5-2467M does not have HD4000.

You are right. Sorry the post has been edited. And im not sure if the computer can boot to GPT drive. is there any way to check? Thanks.

You are right. Sorry the post has been edited. And im not sure if the computer can boot to GPT drive. is there any way to check? Thanks.

Dump all the boot records and check for active partition:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk0 of=/tmp/mbr count=1 bs=512
xxd</tmp/mbr|tail
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 of=/tmp/pbr count=1 bs=512
xxd</tmp/pbr|tail
sudo dd if=/dev/rdisk0s2 of=/tmp/pbr count=2 bs=512
xxd</tmp/pbr|tail
# all of above should end in 55aa
sudo fdisk /dev/rdisk0
# mac partition should be marked with '*'

If your BIOS has UEFI capability, you should probably forget about legacy boot and use Clover UEFI.

ok, how would i install clover? Is clover a bootloader?

I changed some files in the unibeast OSX installer and got the installer to install OSX on a MBR volume. I did this because my motherboard does not support booting from GPT volumes. Everything worked well and i installed Chimera via multibeast along with dsdt-free and when I reboot from the HDD the bootloader comes up but when the OSX boot screen comes on it just stays frozen on the white screen with an apple logo and an empty progress bar. What is the problem? Thanks.

I changed some files in the unibeast OSX installer and got the installer to install OSX on a MBR volume. I did this because my motherboard does not support booting from GPT volumes. Everything worked well and i installed Chimera via multibeast along with dsdt-free and when I reboot from the HDD the bootloader comes up but when the OSX boot screen comes on it just stays frozen on the white screen with an apple logo and an empty progress bar. What is the problem? Thanks.
Boot in verbose mode (-v) and then you can see where the problem lies.
Are kexts installed in /Extra?

You should use Clover instead.

Please be aware of the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I install OSX using Unibeast on the HDD and then download clover on my booted up hackintosh and install it? What settings would i select if my motherboard does not support UEFI? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back