GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings!

This is my first time bulding a hackintosh although I've been reading a lot for a while now. Still, please bear with me if I don't know something. And thanks a lot for your help!

I am trying to boot the installer after Clover successfully boots from my USB 2.0 16GB drive created in accordance with this guide -https://github.com/Nihhaar/Hackintosh-Dell-7567. Which is a bare bones Clover 2.4k GPT guide with no unnecessary kexts in the installer, shown to work on similar hardware by https://autostudentsite.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/hackintosh-dell-7577/.

When Clover starts the macOS installer, I get the crossed out circle symbol. Running in verbose mode, the last messages read:
Waiting on <dict ID="8"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-match...
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out. fNotifications 0
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out. fNotifications 0

(illegible) device
Screenshot_20190910-204022.jpg

Screenshot_20190910-204036.jpg

The progress indicator in non-verbose mode seems to hint that this is towards the end of the process.

The file structure on my USB's EFI partition is:
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 20.53.03.png

.zip is attached, minus "themes".

Some other details:
The macOS version is - 10.14.6 (18G95), installer version 14.6.04, August 21st.
Clover version is 2.4k r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c, although 2.5k yields same results.
I've tried this on multiple ports & with multiple USB drives - 3.0 and 2.0.
My laptop is the same as in my profile - a Dell Inspiron 7577 0P9G3M - 1.6.1, with Intel i5-7300HQ, 16GB of HyperX RAM, and nVidia GTX 1060 with Pascal, SSD & HDD configuration.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Greetings!

This is my first time bulding a hackintosh although I've been reading a lot for a while now. Still, please bear with me if I don't know something. And thanks a lot for your help!

I am trying to boot the installer after Clover successfully boots from my USB 2.0 16GB drive created in accordance with this guide -https://github.com/Nihhaar/Hackintosh-Dell-7567. Which is a bare bones Clover 2.4k guide with no unnecessary kexts in the installer, shown to work on similar hardware by https://autostudentsite.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/hackintosh-dell-7577/.

When Clover starts the macOS installer, I get the crossed out circle symbol. Running in verbose mode, the last messages read:

The progress indicator in non-verbose mode seems to hint that this is towards the end of the process.

The file structure on my USB's EFI partition is:
View attachment 425396

Some other details:
The macOS version is - 10.14.6 (18G95), installer version 14.6.04, August 21st.
Clover version is 2.4k r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c, although 2.5k yields same results.
I've tried this on multiple ports & with multiple USB drives - 3.0 and 2.0.
My laptop is the same as in my profile - a Dell Inspiron 7577 0P9G3M - 1.6.1, with Intel i5-7300HQ, 16GB of HyperX RAM, and nVidia GTX 1060 with Pascal, SSD & HDD configuration.

Thank you in advance for any help!
use a later version of clover via the downloads section

use a later version of clover via the downloads section

Thanks for the tip. I've tried the process withr4961 with similar results, except the output was more verbose.

The output on the last frame before the screen becomes illegible was:
STD :: OS X version 10.14.7
STD :: Touchpad enabled.

New EFI partition zip and boot output (corrupted screen) attached.

It was a bit unexpected that the version was printed as 14.7, whereas "Install macOS Mojave.app/contents/version.plist" states:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildAliasOf</key>
<string>InstallAssistant</string>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>670</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>14.6.04</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>14604</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1223000000000000</string>
</dict>
</plist>
But I don't think we should focus on that.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_212927.jpg
    IMG_20190910_212927.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 201
  • EFI_r4961.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
Thanks for the tip. I've tried the process withr4961 with similar results, except the output was more verbose.

The output on the last frame before the screen becomes illegible was:

New EFI partition zip and boot output (corrupted screen) attached.

It was a bit unexpected that the version was printed as 14.7, whereas "Install macOS Mojave.app/contents/version.plist" states:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildAliasOf</key>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>670</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>14.6.04</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>14604</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1223000000000000</string>
</dict>
</plist>
But I don't think we should focus on that.

Once again, thanks for your help.
still waiting for root device is the message displayed

make sure you are using a usb2.0 stick, around 16gb, sandisk makes good installers

and make sure to try all usb ports on your laptop

maybe also try a config,plist from the laptop guide

still waiting for root device is the message displayed

make sure you are using a usb2.0 stick, around 16gb, sandisk makes good installers

and make sure to try all usb ports on your laptop

maybe also try a config,plist from the laptop guide

Thanks,

I am using a usb2.0 32GB Integral drive and have used a few others with identical results. Not that any of them are the ideal option, but I would hope to see them fail at a different stage if some aren't "good enough" for the installer. It is always the same "still waiting for root device" issue which makes me suspicious of issues regarding USB other than the stick itself. All USB ports on my machine yield same results.

Could you tell me if USB port limits may have anything to do with this? I'm not yet 100% clear on what role they may play.

I've tried using RehabMan's config.plist (config_UHD630.plist) for my Intel HD Graphics 630 series (I am attaching my PC hardware details). More or less it ends the same way - screen corrupted on "still waiting for root device" after a lot of output which you can see in my attached screenshot on a previous reply.

There is a little difference in that now the installer doesn't get to "STD :: Touchpad Enabled", and appears to crash earlier. Although it looks like it's the same issue, so whether different things are loaded before or not, maybe that in itself isn't the crux of the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help, please let me know if you can think of something else.

Attachments

• pcinfo.PNG
    pcinfo.PNG
    137 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I think I've identified a potential issue. Not sure if that could be the cause of my current problem, but perhaps someone more experienced could comment.

None of the USB port count patches present in any config.plist I've used target 10.14.6 much less 10.14.7 (as was misreported). Is that a likely cause of my installer boot "still waiting for root device" crash?

Edit: The problem I have is also known as the "IOProviderClass" issue. It seems to be related to USB. At this point I have tried installing 10.13.6 as well which resulted in the same crash, even though I am somewhat sure Nihhaar (check my original post above) patched the port count in his config.plist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back