Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI x99a
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I am able to boot and install Catalina (writing this post form it now) but found out too late that my graphics card is not compatible so I tried to boot again with high Sierra but just get a blank screen with verbose enabled even thought the clover folder I am using Is supposed to be used for high Sierra, any tips.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
It now boots with a 1070 but it isn't supported so I tried with a 660 I had but can only get it to work with nvidia disabled when i get into the oswith the 660 in the top bar i click on enable nvidia drivers but when i restart and boot it only goes through half the boot and then a blank screen

Last edited:
The 1070 and 660 will only work with High Sierra. If you get a blank screen in High Sierra it means you've got something interfering with the drivers, and you have to change it in order for it to boot.

Make sure your Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext is the latest versions in EFI/Clover/kexts.

And try booting with the following boot-arg settings in config.plist:

dart=0
slide=0
darkwake=0
kext-dev-mode=1
nva_drv=1

Also make sure your BIOS has been properly configured for Hackintosh ie. Above 4G Decoding enabled, XHCI-handoff enabled, VT-d disabled, Serial port disabled etc.

On some setups, adding the IGPU to GFX0 and PEGP to GFX0 patches in the ACPI section may also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back