Contribute
Register

[help] boot0: done+gibberish text error when trying to boot off anything but Unibeast USB (UP5-TH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte UP5-TH
CPU
Graphics
ATI 7950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[FIXED] boot0: done+gibberish text error when trying to boot off anything but Unibeast USB (UP5-TH)

*****EDIT*****
Just wanted to edit this post for any future users who have this problem, I managed to fix the issue. What I had to do was follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-radeon-hd-7970-ghz-3gb.html#post577520

specifically, the 2 "universal steps" he mentions in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-24.html#post577880

Doing those two steps fixed all my issues! Hope that helps!
****** END EDIT ******

Hey all,

first off, hardware:
Gigabyte UP5-TH
16GB Corsair RAM
ATI 7950
2 Samsung Pro SSD (1 with OSX, 1 with Windows 7).

I can boot into OSX fine if I boot off of my USB stick. I get stuck at the white screen and if I put it to sleep then wake up, I'm at the login screen. If I try and boot into Windows off of the USB stick, I get stuck at "bootmgr not found" error. To boot into windows I have to specifically select its drive in the BIOS, and that's one of the issues Id like to fix.

I don't want to use the USB stick anymore and would prefer to just have it booting off the drive. I have done what Tony recommended for the 7xxxx series, set
Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled

When I try and boot off of the OSX hard drive, I get this:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: donejsdhfjiskdhgfskjfgskjfhsdfkjh

^ the gibberish continues for about 4 lines.

What do I need to do so that I can:
1) boot off of the drives instead of the USB stick
2) Boot with the 7950 GPU
3) have OSX and Windows both recognized by the bootloader?

Please help, I've been ripping my hair out trying to fix this :( Thank you.

There's no better combination than i7+HD7xxx+Clover, because UEFI boot nulifies the need for workarounds like the sleep trick, and boot 0 errors will never happen again, but i'm glad to see your sorted it out with Chameleon.

All the best!

There's no better combination than i7+HD7xxx+Clover, because UEFI boot nulifies the need for workarounds like the sleep trick, and boot 0 errors will never happen again, but i'm glad to see your sorted it out with Chameleon.

All the best!

Mate I just finished setting up my Hackintosh. I'm using the following:

- GA-Z77X-UD3H MOBO F17 BIOS
- Intel i7 3770
- Power Color HD7770 1GB GHz Edition
- 16 GB RAM
- 500 GB HDD

There are only two problems here.
I receive boot0:done +gibberish text and the sleep trick is still enabled for me to use th 7xxx card.

Do you have the steps with Clover UEFI? Thanks in advance!

P.S. just wondering because I barely see Clover UEFI here. Is it forbidden here? Just curious about it.

I'm having the same problem.
I would really like to see these steps also.

This was the answer that worked

i have a 256GB SSD

I created a 250mb FAT 32 partition at th edisk util install screen
then a 255.8 GB approx HFS Journaled partitin for Mavericks
http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/1txj4h/getting_this_on_boot_any_idea_what_is_going_on/
credit to
"dezignah
I had this same problem with the boot0 error but that post had the fix for me. Step 5 (creating 2 partitions, one main OSX and a smaller 250mb fat formatted partition)"

then installed. it worked.

I also did mac pro 5,1 setting
and had to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ge-referencing-applehda-appletymcedriver.html

credit to: P1LGRIM
"Did you select system definition MacPro5,1 ?

If you did, you need to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext as this relates to ECC RAM which the MacPro5,1 has and you probably don't. "

Thanks everyone. Just got a 7970 and ran into this. Thought I jacked up my boot drive or hit a SATA cable.
Fat 32 on a thumbdrive allowed it to boot w/ Chameleon Wizard. I haven't figured out how to get Clover to work yet on any system, even newer ones with UEFI. More time reading less time doing other stuff. So this works.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back