Contribute
Register

[help]black screen when uhd630 run with internal screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have this issue also. The way I work around it is to boot without the external screen attached and then once booted attach it and you can still use the internal screen as normal.

Yes i noticed that. Unless i am using TB3 with a full docking station (with DisplayPort, USB, Ethernet...). And only the external display will show up if hot plugged after boot. Other ports won't because i didn't find a solution for proper Thunderbolt Hot Plug, even by changing Bios corresponding settings. So i cannot really use this solution neither. Are you using a docking station or just display adapter on TB3? I'll stay with 10.14.0, which is working fine for now and make some more trials later

Yes there is a solution but you have to use my custom version of WEG (with the igfxcflbklt=wrap boot flag) for now. My boot SSD died but I have it back now so I'm going to do more testing and hopefully come up with something for an official release.

Great to hear you're on the way of solving it! I'll take a look at it when i get some time. Do you plan to integrate the solution in the original fork of WEG later?

Are you using a docking station or just display adapter on TB3?
I'm using a USB-C to mDP cable.

Great to hear you're on the way of solving it! I'll take a look at it when i get some time. Do you plan to integrate the solution in the original fork of WEG later?

Yes we will be integrating the solution soon.

BTW I was getting a KP when I would first boot up my laptop. Subsequent boots would be okay. Vit suggested I try VoodooTSCSync which appears to have solved the issue. Started getting KP's again today so doesn't appear to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:
My laptop is back in action so I spoke to vit about this as I think that the shutdown issue was potentially what caused my ssd to overheat and die. So I wanted to fix this before doing any more testing on the black screen issue.

So vit explained to me why AptioMemoryFix is causing the shutdown issue and it's quite a complicated problem. But I have a solution and some other things to try if you're interested.

The first thing is AptioMemoryFix works with EmuVariableUEFI so remove OsxAptioFixDrv1 and use AptioMemoryFix + EmuVariableUEFI instead.

If you get the following error message when rebooting:
Code:
Error allocating 0x1165e pages at 0x000000000fce4000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

You may need to add the slide=0 boot arg.

vit also suggested some things to try with AptioMemoryFix that would mean we can do without EmuVariableUEFI. These things require a custom compiled version of AptioMemoryFix. If you're interested in helping me test (and anyone else with this issue) I can compile a series of files so we can share the results and hopefully come up with a workable solution.

Your solution worked for me but may also be useful for fixing Aptiomemoryfix's emulated NVRAM issue.

I am running an Asus Z390 with 8700K, and Saphhire Pulse RX-580. Everything works well for me but some of the people using my guide have had issues with using audio layout 1 (recommended by Toleda) as well as other odd video issues. I read in a few guides that said Aptiomemoryfix had to be used during install and then changed to OsxAptiofixdrv3 post install to get sleep, shutdown, and restart working.

After deleting OSXAptioFix3drv, RC Scripts (in /etc/rc.boot.d/), and my nvram.plist, I rebooted. Everything booted fine but sleep, wake, and shutdown were completely broken. I noticed that the nvram.plist had a Date Modified value 5 hours in the future.

I suspect that the system is unable to update the file when sleeping, restarting or shutting down because it thinks it's trying to write an older file and the OS blocks it. This seems to be borne out by the system not displaying the customary wait icon as it shut down.

After reading your post, I re-enabled emuvariable and lo and behold, everything worked again. I did not have to use slide=0 or RC scripts.

I think the key to making AptioMemeoryfix-64.efi work is to fix the future dated nvram.plist it writes.

Hope it was ok to post in this thread.

Hi,

I've been following for a while since i have an Aero 15w V8, which is pretty close to 15x, and have the same issue.
I think i've made an interesting discover.

I was at the same point : only access thru VNC if not using FakeID 0x12345678.
As i didn't have nothing pointing out on HDMI nor Displayport, i looked at Windows to understand that on my laptop, both external ports are actually connected to GTX1060 (which was pretty disappointing as Gigabyte tech support told me that HDMI was on GTX but mDP should have been on UHD630).
So i decided to get the GTX1060 working to check that and also because i could maybe accept to work with power adapter when i'm on macOS.. I installed WebDrivers, unchecked nv_disable, checked NVidiaWeb on Clover, removed my SSDT-9-OptTabl.aml (which disables discrete graphics) and got it working on external screens. But still black screen on internal.

I then looked at your posts and patch proposal. I tried a lot of different patches from this one. And i saw that port 0 had a different code after the connector type (98000000) than other ports (87010000).
So i Tried this patch which changes the connector type and this code on Port0 and disable Ports1-3 (because these ports are connected to GTX1060 anyway) :

Code:
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 00000800 02000000 98000000 02040A00 00080000 87010000 03060A00 00040000 87010000 FF000000 01000000 20000000
Replace: 00000800 00040000 87010000 FF000000 01000000 20000000 FF000000 01000000 20000000 FF000000 01000000 20000000
Comment: Modify 0x591B0000 video ports to match 15W (port 0 to eDP, ports1-3 non existents)

Rebuilt cache. And it works! I get internal screen with acceleration (but by GTX 1060..)

Now this is far from perfect :
-If i deactivate GTX1060 again with patched SSDT-9-OptTabl.aml : internal screen not working but now i can see the beginning of the the Apple logo loading screen (just the beginning though).
-If i try to reactivate SSDT-PNLF.aml in order to work on backlight control, black screen again at the very beginning of verbose screen. But maybe this is because AppleBacklightInjector is waiting for a classical LVDS Port0 to match PNLF Device?
-If i keep GTX1060 active i have to say the laptop is not very quiet... And i can only imagine the battery life...

But maybe we can work from that.
Hi, please help.
I am trying to get my Intel Iris HD 540 GPU working. Laptop HP Envy.

I try to use 0x19260004 Platform ID, which worked on Mojave.

1. Internal connector is eDP, not LVDS. Index :0; Bus ID: 0x00; Flags: 0x00000490
2. External connector is HDMI. Index :1; Bus ID: 0x05; Flags: 0x000001C7

No more other connectors.
I think I need to patch AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
Can you please check what I need to find and replace?
Thanks
243D7097-B8CC-4635-A83D-8D2945B70C3D.jpeg

this is my Framebuffer

Attachments

• b2_AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.zip
    867.6 KB · Views: 139
Hello @valeryimm ,

It's been a very long story with my laptop and you're looking at an old post of when we were searching with @headkaze to solve our black screen issue using connector patches.
However, it turned out it was not related to connectors but more to backlight. This has been worked on all along this long thread :
Thanks to these guys work, the issue was completely solved in my case. The fixes have been implemented in Whatevergreen and AppleBacklightFixup with the use of a modified SSDT-PNLF for CFL, as discussed in this long thread.
I must say i didn't check at it recently because my laptop is working fine since and i don't remember all the process but you should get infos here.

Also if you sometimes kernel panic at boot after the gIOConsoleUser line, you may want to look at this thread, which helped me too :

Thank you, neocoma504.
I will take a look.
Quick question. Do you have now brightness control working with the slider on Catalina?
Thanks

I'm still on Mojave but yes brightness control slider working in SysPrefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back