Contribute
Register

[help]black screen when uhd630 run with internal screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @headkaze

It's been long time !
You mean you can access advanced Bios settings directly without using modified Grub Shell ? How did you do ?
Also i had one question about HDMI. Did you find a way to make it work on your Aero 15x? I see in Windows that it's connected to iGPU. But i've tried many framebuffer patching including LSPCON without success.
Thanks for your work on hackintool by the way !

Hi @headkaze

It's been long time !
You mean you can access advanced Bios settings directly without using modified Grub Shell ? How did you do ?
Also i had one question about HDMI. Did you find a way to make it work on your Aero 15x? I see in Windows that it's connected to iGPU. But i've tried many framebuffer patching including LSPCON without success.
Thanks for your work on hackintool by the way !
I flashed a modified BIOS to unlock the advanced and chipset menus. It means Thunderbolt settings and many others such and undervolting the CPU are available. You do need GRUB to disable BIOS Lock so you can flash. You can check out my instructions here. Let me know if you're successful.

For my external display I use a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Cable. It's not cheap but it works well.

I flashed a modified BIOS to unlock the advanced and chipset menus. It means Thunderbolt settings and many others such and undervolting the CPU are available. You do need GRUB to disable BIOS Lock so you can flash. You can check out my instructions here. Let me know if you're successful.
Thanks, the instructions seems very clear!

However my laptop is an Aero 15W V8 (just different graphic card) with FB0A Bios too. Do you think it's a good idea to try with this mod as there may some little difference in the original Bios file ?

However my laptop is an Aero 15W V8 (just different graphic card) with FB0A Bios too.
Send me your BIOS dump and I'll compare the AMITSE section to see if they're the same.

Hi @headkaze

Send me your BIOS dump and I'll compare the AMITSE section to see if they're the same.

Here is my BIOS dump. I reflashed with FB0A before to be sure all Thunderbolt parameters are genuine.
Is this normal the size is half of the BIOS original file?
Thanks for your time if you can take a look at the AMITSE section.

Here is my BIOS dump. I reflashed with FB0A before to be sure all Thunderbolt parameters are genuine.
Is this normal the size is half of the BIOS original file?
Thanks for your time if you can take a look at the AMITSE section.
Okay feel free to remove your BIOS file now. Yes the size is normal. So I compared your AMITSE region with mine and they're identical.

I did the modifications to your BIOS file (attached). I feel pretty confident it will work but there is always a chance things can go wrong so it's up to you in the end if you want to try it.

Maybe you should follow the tutorial and then compare your file with mine. That way you can double check it's the same.

I'll remove it as soon as you grab it because it contains unique data for your machine and no one else should be trying to flash it.

AMITSE_Compare.png

Last edited:
Okay feel free to remove your BIOS file now. Yes the size is normal. So I compared your AMITSE region with mine and they're identical.

I did the modifications to your BIOS file (attached). I feel pretty confident it will work but there is always a chance things can go wrong so it's up to you in the end if you want to try it.

Maybe you should follow the tutorial and then compare your file with mine. That way you can double check it's the same.

I'll remove it as soon as you grab it because it contains unique data for your machine and no one else should be trying to flash it.

Thanks!
I checked the two files by following your tutorial and indeed they are identical. Proceeded and it worked like a charm ! I am now able to see all advanced Bios options. Too many for me actually ! ;)
But being able to set Thunderbolt options, undervolt for CPU and manage fan base values is a great step forward.
Thanks a lot for your help !

PS : You can remove the modded bios file as i did for mine to avoid errors on other systems.

You're definitely onto something here neocoma504! I simply changed the patch to:

Code:
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 00000800 02000000 98000000
Replace: 00000800 02000000 87010000
Comment: Modify 0x591B0000 video port for Gigabyte Aero (port 0 to eDP)

Then I removed SSDT-PNLF.aml and I now have full 4k internal display with acceleration and no glitches! I have left the patched SSDT-9.aml which disables the 1070. I have not installed any WebDrivers nor have I plugged in any external monitor! I really cannot believe my eyes right now!

So this patch really opens up the possibilities for many more laptops to be compatible with macOS. It's a really great sign. So right now I would say macOS and the KabyLake framebuffer kext CAN support eDP and an internal Intel graphics card!

The IntelFramebuffer.bt spells it out to us:
Code:
ConnectorLVDS       = 0x2,   /* Just like on AMD LVDS is used for eDP */
So the 02000000 is used for both LVDS and eDP.
Code:
 * As of SKL and newer ConnectorType is converted to fPortType by the following algo:
* - connector with zero index (LVDS) gets fPortType 3.
* - connector with ConnectorHDMI type gets fPortType 1.
* - otherwise a connector has fPortType 2 (DisplayPort-like)
Somehow these flags have set fPortType to 2 to make it eDP.

I also noticed that if you look at AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 in IORegistryExplorer above the connector-type entry there used to be an entry called "built-in" which is no longer there.
Could you help me to set up My Asus AIO Zen with eDP display. It has i7-7700T KabyLake CPU. I checked most of the mobile framebuffers and they give me gIOScreenLockState 3. The only frame working is 59120000. (Just tested 591B with ports patched and it has booted to black screen too).
Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 18.03.11.png

And here is 591B0000. It gives me black screen with connector patch. It used to be gIOScreenLockState 3 without it.

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 18.05.07.png

The attached problem reporting files is when I booted without acceleration.

Attachments

• 9210.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 36
  • config591B.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 52
  • config5912.plist
    8 KB · Views: 53
I had the same problem with my laptop, and occasionally the screen broke and I replaced it with a better one. There are many screens in the shop, I try them one by one until everything is ok 。My laptop is Terrans Force S5 flash BIOS to MSI-16L1,DIY CPU and GPU to i3 8100+wx7100M。screen model is NE156FHM-N51:eDP (2 Lanes) , eDP1.4b , HBR1 (2.7G / lane) 30pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back