EVGA GeForce 670 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings tonymacx86 community,

I'm very interested in creating a Hackintosh out of my new computer, mainly for production purposes and because the MacOS platform is the middle ground between Linux (which I'm very familiar with) and Windows (which I'm not very fond of). I have purchased a Lion USB Key from Apple and have tried a few install methods I've found on these forums and Tonymacx86 though nothing has really worked. I haven't been able to even load into the install program for Lion, so I'm not really sure what the best method of getting Lion and ultimately Mountain Lion are for my system.

System Specs
Biostar TPower X79 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3820 Sandy-Bridge CPU
SanDisk Extreme 120 GB SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB 2133MHz RAM
EVGA GeForce 670 GTX GPU

I don't even know if its possible, but any help or guides would be fantastic. I don't know much about DSDT editing and specific hardware kexts, but thank you in advanced for your help!

Just a slight bump as I wasn't aware my thread was accepted lol, sorry about that!

Alrighty thought I would post an update here! I've managed to get 1.8.0 Mountain Lion flawlessly installed on my hardware, just following the setups in this guide. My only issue now is my CPU doesn't seem to want to function well. I can only boot with -v otherwise it locks up at the apple logo screen, and when I do get in then its extremely slow and choppy unless I also boot with cpus=1. I would like my CPU to function like normal, and really thats the only issue I have. Everything else works and performs flawlessly! Thanks so much for the guide, and any assistance in getting the CPU working better would be great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back