CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
RX 470
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi everyone

im facing issue with my bcm943602cs, where my bluetooth keyboard input laggs severely. input laggs reach 1-2 seconds delay after typing.

im using
i7 6700
h110m-ds2 gigabyte
4gb ram
rx470
bcm943602cs
os bigsurr 11.3 & catalina

using bluetooth keyboard logitech k480 & k380 both laggs.
but when i switch os to windows, it does not lagg.

anyone can help me on this?
it is very disturbing issue

While you shouldn't need them have you tried adding the BrcmPatchRAM kexts for your Bluetooth, to see if that helps it work better in macOS. Link to Acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM GitHub repository - https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

Assumptions:
  1. You have the Broadcom card mounted on a PCIe adapter and plugged in to the bottom x1 PCIe slot on your motherboard.
  2. Bluetooth cable is connected from the PCIe card to a spare USB internal Header port on your motherboard.
  3. All aerials are firmly connected to the rear of the PCIe card.
  4. The PCIe adapter card has three or more aerials, looks similar to the one shown in the image below:
wifi + BT small.png PCIe adapter for Apple WiFi/BT card

Hey @Edhawk, thanks for the reply. You’re right im using the adapter as you described. I tried your method and i think it worked.

Can you confirm the following:
  1. Which version of macOS are you using that produces the Lag, Catalina or Big Sur, or both?
  2. Which Kexts from the BrcmPatchRam folder have you added to your system?
  3. Where have you placed/installed the kexts?

I just read another post where the OP has a similar Bluetooth Lag issue. The solution offered in the other post was for an extension cable to be used so the Bluetooth antenna is not as obscured/covered and the devices can connect easier and more reliably.

Here is the other post -

The middle of the three aerial on your PCIe adapter is I believe the Bluetooth antenna.

WiFi-BT PCIe adapter antenna uses.jpg

Can you confirm the following:
  1. Which version of macOS are you using that produces the Lag, Catalina or Big Sur, or both?
  2. Which Kexts from the BrcmPatchRam folder have you added to your system?
  3. Where have you placed/installed the kexts?
Hi ed, so i since im using big surr + open core, i tried place the file to efi/oc/kext.

While, i have a friend with same spec on catalina+clover having similar problem. Placed in efi/clover/kext

Which kext did you add to the /OC/Kexts folder? I assume you have enabled them in your /OC/config/plist.

The reason I ask is some of the kexts work better in the Bootloader kext folder than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back