Motherboard
Clevo N850HP6-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630+GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My battery indicator sometimes will be red and macOS will warn me to plug in my charger (which is already plugged in and never detected) even though the status reads correctly as 100%. I use the ACPIBatteryManager.kext to make the percentage work. I checked my DSDT and it does not have any values above 8 bits in the struct so I would assume that the DSDT should be fine.

I attached the debug file. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• debug_6138.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
My battery indicator sometimes will be red and macOS will warn me to plug in my charger (which is already plugged in and never detected) even though the status reads correctly as 100%. I use the ACPIBatteryManager.kext to make the percentage work. I checked my DSDT and it does not have any values above 8 bits in the struct so I would assume that the DSDT should be fine.

I attached the debug file. Thanks for the help!
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

I believe I have fixed the issues with the kexts. The battery problem still remains. I have attached a new debug file.

P.S. You said "All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume," however, following your guide I placed all the kexts in Library/Extensions because I am on version 10.13.6 (17G65) and your guide frequently says to place kexts in "/S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11+)." Just mentioning in case that's a problem somehow.

Attachments

• debug_5188.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
I believe I have fixed the issues with the kexts. The battery problem still remains. I have attached a new debug file.

I don't know why you think FakeSMC.kext is not a "kext you need".

P.S. You said "All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume," however, following your guide I placed all the kexts in Library/Extensions because I am on version 10.13.6 (17G65) and your guide frequently says to place kexts in "/S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11+)." Just mentioning in case that's a problem somehow.

I don't see any issue with the guidelines.
Both /L/E and /S/L/E are directories on the system volume.

I don't see any issue with the guidelines.
Both /L/E and /S/L/E are directories on the system volume.

Oh, I didn't realize that Library was part of System. Thanks for letting me know!

I don't know why you think FakeSMC.kext is not a "kext you need".

I had FakeSMC.kext in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory, so that's why I never put it in Library. Sorry about that, this whole kext thing is a bit confusing for me. I was under the impression that all the kexts from Clover would be injected into the system and that I should avoid duplicates. Anyway, I re-downloaded and installed all the kexts I needed and put them in Library/Extensions and I have yet to get a red battery. I will post if it happens again. Thanks!

Oh, I didn't realize that Library was part of System. Thanks for letting me know!

Everything at / and below is the "system volume".

Unfortunately the problem is not solved. My battery currently sits at 96% and is still red:

upload_2018-10-22_0-10-10.png

Debug file is attached. Thank you for your patience in helping me to solve this.

Attachments

• debug_19740.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
Unfortunately the problem is not solved. My battery currently sits at 96% and is still red:

View attachment 359526

Debug file is attached. Thank you for your patience in helping me to solve this.

The ioreg you attached shows ~84% (0x11cb/0x14fe).
Are you certain this ioreg represents the state of the system that corresponds to your image showing 96% (and red)?

Note that you neglected to patch ACPI. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

Basic patches such as "OS Check Fix" (best to use _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml, see hotpatch guide) are relatively important.

The ioreg you attached shows ~84% (0x11cb/0x14fe).
Are you certain this ioreg represents the state of the system that corresponds to your image showing 96% (and red)?

Note that you neglected to patch ACPI. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

Basic patches such as "OS Check Fix" (best to use _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml, see hotpatch guide) are relatively important.

Thank you, I will try the ACPI patch again. I did it once but I believe I messed up because the laptop kept crashing. Now I have more experience with it so I am ready to give it another go.

About the battery percentage, I had the charger plugged in and took a while to upload the file so by the time I got to it, the battery had increased to 96% (I took the screenshot when I submitted the post). Thanks for looking out! :)

Thank you, I will try the ACPI patch again. I did it once but I believe I messed up because the laptop kept crashing. Now I have more experience with it so I am ready to give it another go.

About the battery percentage, I had the charger plugged in and took a while to upload the file so by the time I got to it, the battery had increased to 96% (I took the screenshot when I submitted the post). Thanks for looking out! :)

It might be due to "Amperage" showing a positive number (indicates charging) when you're actually discharging (AC not plugged in).
Perhaps your ACPI AC adapter object is not working correctly (code in Device(AC)).
Let's see what happens when you patch ACPI correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back