Contribute
Register

[HELP] Audio devices enabled but no speaker sound when going from Win10 to Catalina. (Razer Blade 2018 Advanced Catalina 10.15.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 2018 Advanced MB
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hi folks I'm in some deep need of help. I've successfully hackintoshed my laptop but found that although audio is enabled there is no sound output from internal speakers. I found that sometimes the audio will come through the speakers but then stop on reboot only (not sleep). I also found that it happens when I boot from Windows 10 to Catalina.

Anyone else have this issue??

ALC298
I'm using updated AppleALC, Lilu

I've tried CodeCommander with no success. Possible that I didn't successfully edit it. Any help on that would be great as well please.

I've also set darkwake=8, no success.

I've also tried all the different codecs under AppleALC and still same issue.

Hi folks I'm in some deep need of help. I've successfully hackintoshed my laptop but found that although audio is enabled there is no sound output from internal speakers. I found that sometimes the audio will come through the speakers but then stop on reboot only (not sleep). I also found that it happens when I boot from Windows 10 to Catalina.

Anyone else have this issue??

ALC298
I'm using updated AppleALC, Lilu

I've tried CodeCommander with no success. Possible that I didn't successfully edit it. Any help on that would be great as well please.

I've also set darkwake=8, no success.

I've also tried all the different codecs under AppleALC and still same issue.
zip and upload your clover folder

Sure thing. Thanks! I've also attached my codec dump for ALC298 in the text file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.2 MB · Views: 37
  • card0-codec#0.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 57
On another note, I found that from a cold boot into macOS Catalina, audio comes out of speakers just fine.

On another note, I also have odd bluetooth issues when restart boot from Win10 to Catalina. Bluetooth is enabled just that I can't connect to devices. But again, cold boots seems to work. I think Win10 changes something about those drivers, and so when you restart into Catalina it acts funny.

Sure thing. Thanks! I've also attached my codec dump for ALC298 in the text file.
enable these:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

MacBookPro15,2 would be a better choice

you have 2 SSDT-ALC298 in acpi/patched folder, only 1 is required or try without

also what kexts do you have in /Library/Extensions ?

enable these:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

MacBookPro15,2 would be a better choice

you have 2 SSDT-ALC298 in acpi/patched folder, only 1 is required or try without

also what kexts do you have in /Library/Extensions ?

Okay, thanks for the reply! Let me give your suggestions a try right now! I'm also attaching my L/E

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 44
Hey @Feartech so yea, I enabled those fixes and removed the SSDT dupes. (Thanks for pointing that out) and still nope. I'm still open to any suggestions and optimizations you or anyone else could recommend. Thanks again!

Hey @Feartech so yea, I enabled those fixes and removed the SSDT dupes. (Thanks for pointing that out) and still nope. I'm still open to any suggestions and optimizations you or anyone else could recommend. Thanks again!
have you tried without ACS6x.kext ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back