i5-10210U
Graphics
GTX MX250
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
  • iGPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 128M
  • dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250
  • Motherboard:X512FLC(I/O - 0284 for Intel 400 Series Chipset Family On-Package Platform Controller Hub)
  • Disk: intel SSDPEKNW512G8 ( 512 GB / SSD )
  • Audio:Realtek(R) High Definition Audio
  • Wifi:Atheros Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter / Azurewave

I am having a problem with installing Macos high Sierra 10.13.6 in my vivobook s15.

QQ20210117-0.jpg

Hi there,

Yours is a very new laptop spec (with the new 10th gen Intel 400 chipset). Unfortunately there is no guide for it (the Comet Lake chipset) on Clover at present for High Sierra.

I can provide 'some' pointers for you. The closest we have so far is running Catalina on Z490 on Clover (as it has support for the chipset in Catalina 10.15.4 onwards). You can try my EFI folder here (put it into your EFI partition, replacing your current folder), fill in the UUID, MLB and serial numbers using Clover Configurator >

On running a laptop spec, you will likely also need to change the SMBIOS to something compatible and close to your spec - such as MacbookPro15,1. You can use the iMac setting I'm using, but could into troubles with the GPU. While this SMBIOS is technically 'not' 10th gen - it should be close enough. If you plan to use or try Big Sur, you can use something like MacbookAir19,1 or MacbookPro 16,2 (which are based on the 10th gen chipset).

You should also try setting the following in your BIOS settings before testing my EFI folder:

AHCI Mode
XHCI handoff enabled
VT-d disabled
Intel Virtualisation disabled
CSM disabled
Secure Boot disabled
TPM disabled
Above 4G Decoding enabled

These should all allow your system to boot (using my EFI folder as basis).

If that still fails, look online for a Z490 EFI folder from Vectorseven, which is an Opencore setup for booting in High Sierra. Unfortunately it is still very much experimental, and you will need to need find a way to fill in your UUID and serials in the config.plist if you want iCloud, App Store and iMessage support.

Hi there,

Yours is a very new laptop spec (with the new 10th gen Intel 400 chipset). Unfortunately there is no guide for it (the Comet Lake chipset) on Clover at present for High Sierra.

I can provide 'some' pointers for you. The closest we have so far is running Catalina on Z490 on Clover (as it has support for the chipset in Catalina 10.15.4 onwards). You can try my EFI folder here (put it into your EFI partition, replacing your current folder), fill in the UUID, MLB and serial numbers using Clover Configurator >

On running a laptop spec, you will likely also need to change the SMBIOS to something compatible and close to your spec - such as MacbookPro15,1. You can use the iMac setting I'm using, but could into troubles with the GPU. While this SMBIOS is technically 'not' 10th gen - it should be close enough. If you plan to use or try Big Sur, you can use something like MacbookAir19,1 or MacbookPro 16,2 (which are based on the 10th gen chipset).

You should also try setting the following in your BIOS settings before testing my EFI folder:

AHCI Mode
XHCI handoff enabled
VT-d disabled
Intel Virtualisation disabled
CSM disabled
Secure Boot disabled
TPM disabled
Above 4G Decoding enabled

These should all allow your system to boot (using my EFI folder as basis).

If that still fails, look online for a Z490 EFI folder from Vectorseven, which is an Opencore setup for booting in High Sierra. Unfortunately it is still very much experimental, and you will need to need find a way to fill in your UUID and serials in the config.plist if you want iCloud, App Store and iMessage support.
Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back