Contribute
Register

[Help] Asus ROG GL553VD - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS function keys ( FN )
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
Wao!! congrats, we are more near !

I tried to install High Sierra using the Clover folder on the debug files you uploaded. My problems were as follow: keyboard, audio, brightness and touchpad. Can you share the files for them? Sorry if its sounds stupid. I am new to this hackintosh scene and would really appreciate your help.

I tried to install High Sierra using the Clover folder on the debug files you uploaded. My problems were as follow: keyboard, audio, brightness and touchpad. Can you share the files for them? Sorry if its sounds stupid. I am new to this hackintosh scene and would really appreciate your help.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan sorry bout that, will attached required files tomorrow once home.
Upon checking the FAQ, do I need to patch
DVMT-prealloc? I only have 32mb, but my system is working fine, only the keyboard/audio/brightness/touchpad were my problems. Do you think I should still patch it?

@RehabMan sorry bout that, will attached required files tomorrow once home.
Upon checking the FAQ, do I need to patch
DVMT-prealloc? I only have 32mb, but my system is working fine, only the keyboard/audio/brightness/touchpad were my problems. Do you think I should still patch it?

Most ASUS laptops can change DVMT-prealloc right in BIOS setup, so no need for any "patching"...
You should set it 64MB and remove the 32MB DVMT patch from config.plist.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Will check it out once I'm out from work.
Will also send the required problem reporting files.
Again, thanks for your help and please do bear with me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back