Contribute
Register

[Help] Asus ROG GL553VD - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're booting without the external, then hot-plugging? Right?
I am booting with the external, and able to get into the operating system but with only the external screen working but the built-in showing blank.

Hotplug instead.
Thank you very much Rehabman! It's working for hotplug. Yet though, is it possible and difficult to make it work so my laptop can restart without unplugging and plugging please?

May I know how I can get my internal audio and microphone jack working please?

the clover (laptop guide) mentions about using VoodooPS2Controller for the keyboard

your Asus is most likely to use I2C, more info here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/
but you will have to verify that one

brightness and battery patch can be found here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-laptop-support.192/
I have installed the VoodooI2C but keyboard doesn't seem working anyhow. Would you please help me take a look? I have also generated the "lscpi -nn" result from Ubuntu 16.04, and it seems I do have an I2C controller there (just using "grep"). Is it sufficient to confirm that my laptop is using I2C for keyboard and touchpad please? Neither is working now. Thank you.

Attachments

• lscpi-nn-results.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 65
  • debug_21910.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
I have installed the VoodooI2C but keyboard doesn't seem working anyhow. Would you please help me take a look? I have also generated the "lscpi -nn" result from Ubuntu 16.04, and it seems I do have an I2C controller there (just using "grep"). Is it sufficient to confirm that my laptop is using I2C for keyboard and touchpad please? Neither is working now. Thank you.
you are missing VoodooPS2Controller, that could be why your keyboard doesn't work

you are missing VoodooPS2Controller, that could be why your keyboard doesn't work
I have installed VoodooPS2Controller now and it doesn't seem to work as well... Would you have more clues please, Feartech?

Attachments

• debug_4401.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back