Contribute
Register

[Help] Asus ROG GL553VD - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• debug_25780.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Thank you very much. You are so precise into my errors. I successfully installed them into /L/E and am able to boot now.
However, HDMI output and keyboard still not working. Can you help me please RehabMan?

Look at your kextcache output.
It appears you installed all kexts without correct permissions.
Delete them all, then read the FAQ regarding correct kext installation procedures:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Look at your kextcache output.
It appears you installed all kexts without correct permissions.
Delete them all, then read the FAQ regarding correct kext installation procedures:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I followed the instructions indeed. Now, I have removed the extended attributes of the kexts as well and make their permissions the same as all others., and rebuild the kextcache. Am I doing it right please?

Attachments

• debug_25410.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
I followed the instructions indeed. Now, I have removed the extended attributes of the kexts as well and make their permissions the same as all others., and rebuild the kextcache. Am I doing it right please?
you don't need the sensor kexts in clover/kexts/other

and if you can also remove the entry for ForceKextsToLoad

you don't need the sensor kexts in clover/kexts/other

and if you can also remove the entry for ForceKextsToLoad
Thank you Rehabman. Instructions followed, sensors removed and ForceKextsToLoad entry removed. Can we look at HDMI output and keyboard now please? Or I still miss something?

Attachments

• debug_25605.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Working on I2C DSDT patching now.

For HDMI output, when the port is connected, it shows blank screen after the verbose output at Clover boot. I also tried to connect HDMI to USB Type-C adapter since the USB Type-C is working, but it still cannot detects the monitor. Do you know if it's simply that my laptop cannot have HDMI output or I just didn't do things correctly? In Ubuntu, I am able to use the HDMI port even when the Nvidia graphics is disabled so I would think the port is not connected to the discrete card.

Working on I2C DSDT patching now.

For HDMI output, when the port is connected, it shows blank screen after the verbose output at Clover boot. I also tried to connect HDMI to USB Type-C adapter since the USB Type-C is working, but it still cannot detects the monitor. Do you know if it's simply that my laptop cannot have HDMI output or I just didn't do things correctly? In Ubuntu, I am able to use the HDMI port even when the Nvidia graphics is disabled so I would think the port is not connected to the discrete card.
i don't think this is right:
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<true/> you should remove that entry

also you have 2 entries in kextsToPatch:

0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI

0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI

both of which are set to false, you may want to enable 1 to test

also you may want to remove the # from:
<key>#AddProperties</key> as that is disabling your HDMI audio

i don't think this is right:
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<true/> you should remove that entry

also you have 2 entries in kextsToPatch:

0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI

0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI

both of which are set to false, you may want to enable 1 to test

also you may want to remove the # from:
<key>#AddProperties</key> as that is disabling your HDMI audio
Thank you Feartech. I have some progress and I am able to see the connected screen, but the original screen on my laptop is not working now. The laptop is detecting two screens with the laptop screen extended to the right of the external monitor as shown in the "Displays" preference, but the laptop screen is all black although I can move my cursor beyond the external screen to it.

I have:
- Removed the entry "UseIntelHDMI" under config.plist.
- Merged the entries of "#AddProperties" to the next "AddProperties" (as XCode does not allow two identical key of AddProperties).
- Enabled "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI"

I have also tried to enabled "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI" and the result is the same. However, with two disabled, I am not able to boot with the HDMI monitor plugged in. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_11710.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 5.20.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 5.20.41 AM.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thank you Feartech. I have some progress and I am able to see the connected screen, but the original screen on my laptop is not working now. The laptop is detecting two screens with the laptop screen extended to the right of the external monitor as shown in the "Displays" preference, but the laptop screen is all black although I can move my cursor beyond the external screen to it.

I have:
- Removed the entry "UseIntelHDMI" under config.plist.
- Merged the entries of "#AddProperties" to the next "AddProperties" (as XCode does not allow two identical key of AddProperties).
- Enabled "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI"

I have also tried to enabled "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI" and the result is the same. However, with two disabled, I am not able to boot with the HDMI monitor plugged in. Thank you.

You're booting without the external, then hot-plugging? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back