CPU
Intel Core i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey everybody,

I'm totally new to the whole Hackintosh universe. After two days of reading and researching now I feel like I'm just getting more and more confused with all the methods and DSDTs and stuff...

So, I really put my hopes on you guys here to help me out!

This is my system:
Mainboard ASRock Z68 Pro3-M; CPU Intel i5 2500K 3,3GHz; RAM Mushkin DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit; Grafic NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB; SSD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB; OS Windows 7

Plan is to get Yosemite running as an alternative to Windows for creative work with Adobe CS6, DaVinci Resolve, ...
For testing I wanna use an older OCZ Agility 3 60 GB SSD to install Mac OS. If everything works fine I'll get a second Samsung 250 GB SSD for the long run.

Since I don't have any MacBook or whatsoever I have to start right away with an iBoot CD burned in Windows and Snow Leopard Retail DVD. I already purchased the DVD. Should arrive soon.

But as I learned so far there have been a lot of issues with this mainboard.

Although I've read this thread (upon many others) very carefully I don't seem to have a "this is it!" solution?

The thing is: most people are giving their solution including they patched their BIOS.

But since we have 2015 the download link to the BIOS patch is dead! :(
I would be very happy to skip this step, anyway, because flashing BIOS is a massive risk to crash my currently perfect running system.

Did others make it without the BIOS patch? Is it not necessary anymore?

Which BIOS settings finally turned out to be the best ones?
What about the audio problem?

So, could someone please share a workaround for Yosemite on the ASRock Z68M Pro3 and clear up the necessary steps one-by-one starting with the iBoot CD?

Thanks a lot for any advice!!

PS. Please sorry my maybe not always so good english - it's not my first language.

Motherboard
Asrock z68 pro3 gen3
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Even so this thread is also not the newest, I am also looking for a source of a patched BIOS file. Currently I am stuck with 1.2 and it doesn't let me even boot ...

Thanks!