Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Xtreme Gaming
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys ! I've tried so many times but i don't get success (it hangs on apple logo for more than 1 hour) so i have finally decided to remove GTX 980 Ti and install the OS X and then install web drivers and then reinstall GPU. So, I removed the GPU and started installing with the config.plist from SKYLAKE STARTER GUIDE and also made the kext->others changes and ACPI->Patch changes without any changes to config.plist but still it hangs for more than 1 hr (i have included the verbose log for the skylake starter guide config.plist that i used).
P_20160128_194858.jpg

Hardware -
Mobo :- ASRock Z170 Extreme 6
CPU :- i7-6700k
GPU :- Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Xtreme Gaming
RAM :- G.Skill TridentZ 32GB
Wireless Adapter :- TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Monitor :- 1x LG25UM65-P (2560x1080) I use Display Port with Audio
and a few HDD's

BIOS :-
Legacy USB Support - UEFI only
Primary graphics adapter - PCI Express
VT-d - disabled
Share memory - 128MB
IGPU Multimonitor - disabled
Secure boot - disabled
Fast boot - disabled
CSM (Compatibility Support Module) - disabled

UPDATE :- Disabling the Serial Port solved the problem

Kext and ACPI files :-
I have already placed FakeSMC + IntelMausiEthernet + USBInjectAll kext in others folder and deleted the numbered folders
And also placed SSDT-Realtek-Audio.aml in ACPI->patches folder. I'm only making changes to config.plist.

When I tried FixOwnership to True, I got this error :-
P_20160129_160538.jpgP_20160129_160639.jpg

I'll try installing OS X Later and by any chance is it possible that - if I wait for 3-4 months and try again, will everything be compatible or easy to install because of various fixes and OS X updates ???

You have a serial port enabled. I would first try disabling the serial port in your BIOS and see if that helps.

If not, there's been a discussion of this Bluetooth error (somewhere) in the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html thread. One option was to install a Bluetooth device. Another was to use a Clover patch that was provided in that thread. Another was a BIOS update that may have fixed the problem.

The next release of UniBeast and MultiBeast will make things a bit easier in terms of custom configuration you need to do, but I'm not sure whether time will help with this particular problem.

I have the latest BIOS update 1.90 with the recent skylake bug fixed.I'll try disabling the serial port and I'll try installing a new Bluetooth device later on after few weeks (exams are coming) So I'll try that, and i hope the M & U-beast and OSX update will help me and Thank you very much for your quick responses :)

You have a serial port enabled. I would first try disabling the serial port in your BIOS and see if that helps.

If not, there's been a discussion of this Bluetooth error (somewhere) in the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html thread. One option was to install a Bluetooth device. Another was to use a Clover patch that was provided in that thread. Another was a BIOS update that may have fixed the problem.

The next release of UniBeast and MultiBeast will make things a bit easier in terms of custom configuration you need to do, but I'm not sure whether time will help with this particular problem.

Thank you for your comment. I was able to solve my problem by disabling serial port.

Yup, that solved the problem ! Thank you very much ammulder !

Hi. I have the same issue. How do I disable the serial port in the BIOS? i couldn't find it.

In BIOS -> Advanced -> Super IO configuration -> Serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back