Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I built a hackintosh pc. All works fine but i only have one problem. When I plug for example a hard drive or a license usb or my apogee sound card, the pc boots until it shows the apple logo and the loading bar loads more than half and then it restarts. When I unplug everything the pc boots just fine and everything works normally(and then I can plug the usbs and everything is fine). What can possibly be the problem?:banghead::roll2:

Recently I built a hackintosh pc. All works fine but i only have one problem. When I plug for example a hard drive or a license usb or my apogee sound card, the pc boots until it shows the apple logo and the loading bar loads more than half and then it restarts. When I unplug everything the pc boots just fine and everything works normally(and then I can plug the usbs and everything is fine). What can possibly be the problem?:banghead::roll2:

I can't say for sure but your system might be waiting for a device and the device is not responding in time or doesn't respond unless a driver is loaded. Does this happen only when you plug in all devices or only with certain ones or any at all?

Another thing you could try is to boot with the "-v" boot flag which makes your machine start in verbose mode. You should then see all kinds of log output on the screen which might tell you what the issue is.
If you don't know what the things mean that you might see, you can always post a photo of it here. ;)

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your reply but the problem was the hdmi connection (very weird though)from the graphics card ! I bought a dvi to hdmi and all works fine now but I can't boot to Windows (I use Windows only for games) . That's ok i will format the hard drive and then I'll try to figure how to create a dual boot inside clover (I installed El Capitan ) :)
Two more questions
how can I insert boot flags in clover and in the tab about my Mac in the graphics section says that I have 0Mb (I own the GTX 960 4gb)
thank you again

Thank you very much for your reply but the problem was the hdmi connection (very weird though)from the graphics card ! I bought a dvi to hdmi and all works fine now but I can't boot to Windows (I use Windows only for games) . That's ok i will format the hard drive and then I'll try to figure how to create a dual boot inside clover (I installed El Capitan ) :)

That is weird indeed, but I am happy that you figured out what the problem was! :D

Two more questions
how can I insert boot flags in clover

This post here should help you. Last time I had to do that, I used the second option mentioned but I guess both should work.

and in the tab about my Mac in the graphics section says that I have 0Mb (I own the GTX 960 4gb)
thank you again

I just solved that issue with my GTX 770 yesterday. There is actually a sticky in the "Post Installation" -> "Graphics" section that exactly mentions this issue. I did what they suggested and it worked! :D

System Profiler shows 0MB VRAM
This is usually caused by having GraphicsEnabler=Yes when using Chameleon/Chimera or Inject/NVidia/True when using Clover. Change it to No or False respectively and you should see the proper VRAM.

Edit: I also recommend that you install the nVidia web drivers, as Fl0rian suggests in the same post:

NVIDIA Web Driver is necessary for the following GPUs:

• all Maxwell-based cards (GTX 750[Ti], GTX 9xx, GTX Titan X)
  • final Kepler-based cards (GTX 780Ti, GTX Titan Black)
  • some revisions of GT 740
  • some Fermi-based cards (e.g. GTX 560Ti)
  • exotic cards (e.g. some Quadro series)

I have installed the alternate nvidia drivers but I told now I will read the post maybe I find a way

I had them installed as well, but you need to have them installed and also deactivate that boot flag in your bootloader. I guess having both "active" messes some things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back