Contribute
Register

[Help] AppleALC Kernel Panic after Catalina update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirm that with 1.2.8 both sound and sleep work well :headbang:

UPDATE: I just tested 1.3.0 and it's not working, so you may be right.
I still keep wondering though, why do recent releases work on Mojave?

Probably it's something to do with how Catalina manages audio, or sleep, I don't know, but we should track this bug.

Confirmed that is fix reboot wake after sleep with 1.2.8 -alcbeta on Catalina 19A583.
Disappeared HDAU@3 AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver

GA-Z97X-UD7TH Core i7-4770S with IGPU only
Connected through HDMI

Last edited:
Confirmed that is fix reboot wake after sleep with 1.2.8 -alcbeta on Catalina 19A583.
Disappeared HDAU@3 AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver

GA-Z97X-UD7TH Core i7-4770S with IGPU only
Connected through HDML
Confirmed 1.2.8 works. -alcbeta was important. Without it, no sound no matter what layout-id I chose.

Confirmed 1.2.8 works. -alcbeta was important. Without it, no sound no matter what layout-id I chose.
No sound after walking up from sleep. Hitting another problem...

I'm encountering this issues too, tomorrow I'll further investigate if I find some spare time

Last edited:
Anyway the bug in the current release is that IF the hdmi/dp cable is disconnected then the system wakes then KP. It's not totally broken

Can you please try all the layouts for your codec? See if it happens with all layouts, because with another layout(in my case 27) it seems to work normally.

Just pls remember that this is a workaround and when fixed the update to the new AppleAlc would be ideal

Can you please try all the layouts for your codec? See if it happens with all layouts, because with another layout(in my case 27) it seems to work normally.

Just pls remember that this is a workaround and when fixed the update to the new AppleAlc would be ideal
Yeah, for my ALC1150, layout-id 3 is working fine. Sleep and audio works. Thanks!
No luck. Tried all layout ids, but it appears that the problem (no audio after sleep) is still there. Thanks, anyway!

Last edited:
Yeah, for my ALC1150, layout-id 3 is working fine. Sleep and audio works. Thanks!
No luck. Tried all layout ids, but it appears that the problem (no audio after sleep) is still there. Thanks, anyway!

Sorry to hear that, hope for a fix soon. Did someone write an issues on GitHub?

Sorry to hear that, hope for a fix soon. Did someone write an issues on GitHub?

I'm having the same problem as well and I opened an issue on Github. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back