- Nov 6, 2017
- Asus PRIME Z370-A
- UHD 630
- Mobile Phone
What you describe sounds quite different from what's being discussed and doesn't seem to be an audio issue (more like a graphics issue). Have a look at the system.log (under the Console app) or generate a boot.log and have a look there for any pointers. Hackintoshing is a tinkerer's hobby, so to speak, and you will have to tinker.My machine goes to sleep, after about 1 min, when invoking wake (by mouse move or keyboard), I don't get a restart. The machine cpu starts up and graphics cards are turned on. The screen however stays blank. I have 2 screens connected (one through HDMI and one through DP). Using only one screen makes no difference.
It might work under OpenCore, I haven't tried it yet.Wait, the 1.4.3 update in the code is about the No-hda-gfx properties that is needed in some case, but does not fix the KP related to the case when hda-gfx exists.
OT: vit9696 although being a skillful developer and fixing the No-hda-gfx as soon as it's discovery, he immediately pointed out that the problem was the configuration in particular and that they not support Clover, instead of helping/trying to collect more info from the post.
I seriously understand that this is not their job but sharing is caring, and education is important. (Not hard feeling, just wanted to share how I've perceived his answer.)
I mostly agree with you and indeed this appears to be an inelegant and brute force workaround. From what I can gather, it modifies Apple kexts in order for them to appear as 3rd party and not have the KP imposed for them. But it's vit9696's prerogative to choose how and where to spend his time/energy and it is what it is. I for one am glad that he is involved in the community and very grateful for what he has offered and continues to offer.
Also, don't forget that this is an open source project so if anyone wants to have a go, then you can have at it.
So I have built it manually with the HDMI/DP audio being disabled always. For this, please find the attached kext. In my case, this has addressed the kernel panic problem.
FYI, I have attached the code changes I have made based on the 1.4.3 code base. Also, I am asking the AppleALC maintainer to use a boot argument so that it'd be easier to use it.
I would encourage you to fork the repository and issue a pull request so the maintainers can have a look at the changes and perhaps consider them.