iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apply kernel patch:
Code:
Find: 63 6F 6D 2E 61 70 70 6C 65 00 5F 5F 6B 65 72 6E 65 6C 5F 5F 00
Repl: 6E 6F 74 2E 61 70 70 6C 65 00 5F 5F 6B 65 72 6E 65 6C 5F 5F 00
see: this issues. Thanks to vit9696
where/how do i implement this patch to test on my desktop ? It's not clear to me.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i3-4330
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
where/how do i implement this patch to test on my desktop ? It's not clear to me.
Kernel patch solve the problem. Now wake up is working without panic.

MikeHoward, you can do this in Clover Configurator
Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 17.18.35.png

Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
Apply kernel patch:
Code:
To be fair, it was not just vit9696. Others contributed to firstly convince him that this was an actual problem and secondly with testing/reporting.

Going forward I think that anyone wanting to use the kexts under acidanthera (lilu, WhatEverGreen, AppleALC, etc), would have to move to OpenCore, since they don't support Clover anymore.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Kernel patch solve the problem. Now wake up is working without panic.

MikeHoward, you can do this in Clover Configurator
View attachment 431156
thank you for making this clear. I have tried this patch. It does not seem to work. How can I help provide more evidence / contribute ? In my case I don't get a restart in the wake after sleep. Machine wakes and can hear cpu start include graphics card, but the screen stays black. I have to hard reset to start again.

I noticed that GeorgeBogosian provided Lilu and IOREG file. I know how to get IOREG, but the debug info for lilu I'm a bit unclear ?

Do I add these 2 flags as boot arguments ?
-liludbg and liludbgall

Do I also need to install the debug kext for lilu, whatevergreen and appplealc or just appleALC.kext ?

and do I also need the symbol files : AppleALC.kext.dSYM installed

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to report my debug files:

NOTE:
This is a Haswell mobo.
My machine goes to sleep, after about 1 min, when invoking wake (by mouse move or keyboard), I don't get a restart. The machine cpu starts up and graphics cards are turned on. The screen however stays blank. I have 2 screens connected (one through HDMI and one through DP). Using only one screen makes no difference.

I have applied the above patch kernel patch in my config file as well, but that does not seem to work.

Please see attached debug info. Not sure what to look at.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock z97e/itx-ac
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
It seems there is a couple of resolutions for this problem. To me, it's a driver issue, and it'd be the best to resolve it within the driver. For example, VoodooHDA does not have this problem, yet it has other problem in my case, though...

AppleALC 1.4.3 has a fix (workaround actually to disable HDMI/DP audio to avoid the kernel panic), but there isn't a release yet. So I have built it manually with the HDMI/DP audio being disabled always. For this, please find the attached kext. In my case, this has addressed the kernel panic problem.

FYI, I have attached the code changes I have made based on the 1.4.3 code base. Also, I am asking the AppleALC maintainer to use a boot argument so that it'd be easier to use it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
It seems there is a couple of resolutions for this problem. To me, it's a driver issue, and it'd be the best to resolve it within the driver. For example, VoodooHDA does not have this problem, yet it has other problem in my case, though...

AppleALC 1.4.3 has a fix (workaround actually to disable HDMI/DP audio to avoid the kernel panic), but there isn't a release yet. So I have built it manually with the HDMI/DP audio being disabled always. For this, please find the attached kext. In my case, this has addressed the kernel panic problem.

FYI, I have attached the code changes I have made based on the 1.4.3 code base. Also, I am asking the AppleALC maintainer to use a boot argument so that it'd be easier to use it.
thank you for this, just curious what issue do you have with VoodooHDA ?

Motherboard
Fujitsu Lifebook E744 HM86
CPU
i5-4300M
Graphics
HD 4600, 1600x900
Mac
Mac Pro

Wait, the 1.4.3 update in the code is about the No-hda-gfx properties that is needed in some case, but does not fix the KP related to the case when hda-gfx exists.

Apply kernel patch:
Code:
This fixes the KP but it's not an elegant solution IMO.
- Adds time to the wake procedure because the function has to timeout anyway.
- Recovering from sleep THEN connecting a DP/HDMI gives no hdmi audio and it's slow as hell to display the image in the monitor.

So this is not a definitively fix.

BIG NOTE: ALL OF THIS WORKED IN MOJAVE WITH MY CONFIG

For now, this seems the best option anyway.

OT: vit9696 although being a skillful developer and fixing the No-hda-gfx as soon as it's discovery, he immediately pointed out that the problem was the configuration in particular and that they not support Clover, instead of helping/trying to collect more info from the post.
I seriously understand that this is not their job but sharing is caring, and education is important. (Not hard feeling, just wanted to share how I've perceived his answer.)

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i3-4330
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
thank you for making this clear. I have tried this patch. It does not seem to work.
Forgot to mention, that without disabling Serial Port in my mobo BIOS, this patch not take effect.
IMG_0764.JPG

Motherboard
ASRock z97e/itx-ac
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
thank you for this, just curious what issue do you have with VoodooHDA ?
Some audio codec wasn't supported. For example, some youtube videos have no sound with VoodooHDA.