Contribute
Register

Help and clarity regarding Hackintool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
I have a few questions about Hackintool, things I can't seem to sort or understand.

First, why are my ROM and Board Serial under System Info coming up unknown? I have them entered in Clover. And why under "Serial Info" does it say iMac7,1 if I'm using iMacPro1,1 sys def as shown at the top? Also, if I click the "Serial" tab at the top, it shows a completely different serial number than what shows under Serial Number below under System Info (blacked out).
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.32.35 PM.png

Second, what is "proximitywake" and why is it shown in red?
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.39.29 PM.png

And lastly, why does FakeSMC always show up red like it needs to be updated when there's no update for it???
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.32.19 PM.png

Thank you!! :headbang:

First, why are my ROM and Board Serial under System Info coming up unknown?
I'm not sure?
And why under "Serial Info" does it say iMac7,1 if I'm using iMacPro1,1 sys def as shown at the top?
It means your serial number was generated for a different model.
Also, if I click the "Serial" tab at the top, it shows a completely different serial number than what shows under Serial Number below under System Info (blacked out).
Because that tab is for generating a new serial.
Second, what is "proximitywake" and why is it shown in red?
You can run the tool below to "Fix sleepimage" if you're having issues with sleep/wake otherwise ignore it.
And lastly, why does FakeSMC always show up red like it needs to be updated when there's no update for it???
Because RehabMan doesn't host his releases on Github therefore it can't detect the current version.

@headkaze,

Thank you for the replies. Everything makes sense to me except for the ROM/Board Serial thing, and the iMac7,1 vs iMacPro1,1...

In clover configurator, I have the board serial which was generated by clover configurator by choosing iMacPro1,1 def and then cycling the generator a bunch of times; this is also pasted into MLB under RT Variables, and ROM is set to UseMacAddr0 as advised. Is something wrong with my config or is this a bug in Hackintool, that it has ??? for both ROM and board serial?

I now understand the serial tab at the top is for generating a new serial. Why then, even within Hackintool's generator, when you select "iMacPro1,1" in the Model dropdown at the bottom, the generated serial states model iMac7,1?

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 3.46.48 PM.png

The serial shows on EveryMac correctly as 2017 iMacPro1,1.

Thanks again,
-Eric

Last edited:
Why then, even within Hackintool's generator, when you select "iMacPro1,1" in the Model dropdown at the bottom, the generated serial states model iMac7,1?
You found a bug, thanks. It's fixed in the next release.

This bug seems present within Clover Configurator also; the serials it generates for iMacPro also list as a mismatch with the iMac7,1...
Clover Configurator most likely uses the same code from the macserial (MacInfoPkg) project as I do. They have merged my fix so it should be available at some point in the near future.

Last edited:
Clover Configurator most likely uses the same code from the macserial (MacInfoPkg) project as I do. They have merged my fix so it should be available at some point in the near future.

Right on!

Turned out the "???" in Board Serial and ROM was a flaw in the native NVRAM on my board; even though the board has it, I still needed to implement EmuVariableUEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back