CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am so confused by the instructions. This is like a foreign language to me.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Requirements:
- EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 rename (in config.plist), if applicable (your chipset may not have EHCI, or it may be disabled)
- XHCI controller must be named XHC or XHCI (for most PCs it is default XHC)

I don't think I have EHC1 or EHC2. I only find XHC when I search IORegistryExplorer

- install USBInjectAll.kext (install to the system volume)
I have installed

- if you plan to use it, install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. FakePCIID_XHCIMux only applicable if you have enabled EHCI controller(s).
Don't think I need it?

- if you have an existing SSDT for USBInjectAll, use -uia_ignore_rmcf
Don't think I need it?

- XHCI injector kext, if required (XHCI-unsupported.kext)
Don't think I need it? But even if I did, I don't know where to download it from.

I don't know what it means to "have all ports being injected". Have I done that?

Again, when I look in IOregistry, I only see XHC. When I insert and remove the devices I do not see any changes in ioreg. What am I doing wrong?

1) No, you don't need the rename patches. Your motherboard is being read correctly as required - XHC

2) No need for the XHCI Mux kexts - you have XHCI as required and per above, not EHCI :thumbup:

3) Remember that with USBInjectAll installed you also need the Port-Limit Removal Patch in your config.plist so that all ports are made available to test :thumbup: If you don't, many ports are just ignored.

4) As you haven't yet created a bespoke SSDT, don't worry about the "-uia_ignore" options.

5) Your motherboard is a bit "special" in that it features a 4-port USB 2.0 hub alongside the usual USB 3.0/3.1 port selection. Looking at your screenshot I'm guessing that when you plug a device in, you are using the four black ports in a vertical row on the left side of your back panel (?) There are no "triangles" showing on any of the HS01 - HS14 ports to indicate you are using them BUT they might not be recognising the hub anyway ...

As configured your motherboard is providing only USB 2.0 ports through the other, more usual USB sockets - internal headers and red/blue back-panel ports. These should work if USBInjectAll is in place, but need the SSDT configuration to bring up to USB 3.0 functionality.

Sorry that sounds complicated but this is because your motherboard is actually a bit different to most (not a problem, could be very useful!)

:)

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. So, it seems that I am on the right track, but I nee the port-limit removal patch. Where / what is that? Is that the "fix usb" option under acpi settings in Clover Configurator? Perhaps that is the reason there are no "triangles" showing on any of the HS01 - HS14 ports in IOreg to indicate I am using them.

Turns out the reason the "triangles" were not showing up is because I had searched for XHC in the search bar rather than simply following the tree on the left side pane.

I couldn't understand how to make the the ssdt file for my setup. I have the wifi version of the motherboard that MESwan is using in his user build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pro-macos-mojave-sapphire-rx580-nitro.267090/ . The USB layout looks identical, so I tried his SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml file. It seems to work. I can plug a 3.0 usb flash drive into all the ports and it is recognized. I ran a speed test, but it doesn't seem very fast. No faster than 30MB/s . I'm not sure if that is because of the cheap flash drive from microcenter or not. I am happy that at least it is recognized. I may leave it like this although I would like to learn how to make the file myself. Not sure how many times I would need to reread that instructions though:eek:

Thanks. The USBMap script worked great. The written instructions as well as the video were very helpful. I have set up my USB ports and they work well.

Under Devices tab in Clover Configurator, there are options for "USB Inject" and USB FixOwnership"

These are selected in my initial config.plist file created by Multibeast, but were not selected in the file created by Unibeast. How should they be set when using my USBmap.kext? I am not sure of their function.

@stlouisz
We have pretty much the same machine! We should be friends. The only two idiots on here that got the Wifi version! Ha! I'm having a hell of a time with the USB ports too. But I just found this post and gonna start from scratch again using MESwan's guide for install and then some info from this thread to get the USB ports humming. Can you please tell me how your build is going now? And any advice for me? I am interested to know what your system def is? I'm seeing conflicting advise. MESwan's guide says 18.3 but then I found this on CasySJ's Designare build guide. I have got a feeling that's to do with why my GPU is not being recognized.

Attachments

• system def.png
    system def.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back