Contribute
Register

[Help] AMD R9 390 on OS X Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68V-LE | Sony VAIO Pro 13 (SVP13213CGB)
CPU
Core i5-2500K | Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor
Graphics
ASUS AMD R9 390 STRIX 8GB | Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, long time lurker.

Previously we have been able to run the R9 390 on El Capitan by spoofing the ID to the 290x/390x? in clover and injecting ATI and framebuffer.

I've managed to direct update my system (albeit troublesome as I needed USBInjectAll.kext since half my ports broke), to Sierra but I have not managed to get the GPU to work.

My system seems to not boot with my iGPU from my 2500k (it boots past BIOS and all I see is a blinking cursor -- Clover won't boot with iGPU for some reason), hence I cannot set the iGPU as primary. I am able to get into OS X Sierra without injecting any IDs or whatnot, but obviously my card is not detected and is lacking acceleration. If people are going to tell me to use the search function... I've tried :(

Help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The only way to get it working is to set IGPU as primary from UEFI BIOS.

Seems as though coincidentally someone posted the exact same question in a thread below. Sorry if the duplicates annoy you..

As I mentioned above, for some reason my system won't boot into clover with iGPU as primary. All it comes up is with is a blank screen and a blinking cursor. Maybe it is caused by the fact my BIOS is set to legacy and not EFI? I'll try that later when I'm back at my computer.

Nevertheless, I did not have this issue in El Capitan. System booted up fine with PCIe as primary and spoofed 390 worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back