DELL Inspiron 5370
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried using AppleALC 1.2.8 as well as 1.3.0

I can see the Internal Speakers in Sys Pref, and iTunes plays the songs well.

However, when I plug in headphones, the output device shows Headphones, but no sound through headphones. (I tested with a couple of headphones, Klipsch S4 and Sennheiser, and they work well with my Desktop hackintosh as well as the Creative USB soundcard)

Another minor issue is with balance. I feel the 50% mark is biased towards the L channel, it is only at 55% or 60% (slider shifted towards R) then the balance is OK.

• AppleALC is in Clover/kexts/Other
  • CodecCommander is in /L/E
Attached PR files ...

Attachments

• ProblemReportingfiles2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 109
I tried using AppleALC 1.2.8 as well as 1.3.0

I can see the Internal Speakers in Sys Pref, and iTunes plays the songs well.

However, when I plug in headphones, the output device shows Headphones, but no sound through headphones. (I tested with a couple of headphones, Klipsch S4 and Sennheiser, and they work well with my Desktop hackintosh as well as the Creative USB soundcard)

Another minor issue is with balance. I feel the 50% mark is biased towards the L channel, it is only at 55% or 60% (slider shifted towards R) then the balance is OK.

• AppleALC is in Clover/kexts/Other
  • CodecCommander is in /L/E
Attached PR files ...

Consider patched AppleHDA (Mirone's HDA patcher) instead.
Or try a different (supported) layout-id.

Consider patched AppleHDA (Mirone's HDA patcher) instead.
Or try a different (supported) layout-id.
Thanks for the reply @RehabMan .

So I went ahead and tried the Mirone's patcher v1.8. Along with a bunch of other files, it generated aDummyHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext. I put these in /S/L/E and rebuilt cache (and then tried by removing them 1 at a time). I had also patched the DSDT with the IRQ patch.

With this setup, although I can "see" the output/input System Preferences and About this Mac, there is no audio.

Although, Mirone's patcher patched with layout-id 3, I noticed while using AppleALC that layout-id does not work, it is only either 13, or 28.

With Mirone's patcher, even though it used layout-id to 3, I tried to force 13 and 28 each in the config.plist. In all the 3 cases, output visible in Sys prefs, audio playing, but no sound through speakers/headphones.

[UPDATE]: Just tried VoodooHDA. With this, I get 2 entries in Sys Prefs, Speaker (Analog) and Headphones (Black Right). Selecting Speakers makes audio play through on board Speakers, but on selecting Headphones (Black Right) there is no audio through Headphones.

Everything works with Ubuntu Live/Windows.

Thanks for the reply @RehabMan .

So I went ahead and tried the Mirone's patcher v1.8. Along with a bunch of other files, it generated aDummyHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext. I put these in /S/L/E and rebuilt cache (and then tried by removing them 1 at a time). I had also patched the DSDT with the IRQ patch.

With this setup, although I can "see" the output/input System Preferences and About this Mac, there is no audio.

Although, Mirone's patcher patched with layout-id 3, I noticed while using AppleALC that layout-id does not work, it is only either 13, or 28.

With Mirone's patcher, even though it used layout-id to 3, I tried to force 13 and 28 each in the config.plist. In all the 3 cases, output visible in Sys prefs, audio playing, but no sound through speakers/headphones.
if Mirone's patcher requires a layout of id=3 then you should use that

also kexts should be in /Library/Extensions

if Mirone's patcher requires a layout of id=3 then you should use that

also kexts should be in /Library/Extensions
Does not work with layout-id 3,13 and 28.

Perhaps you forgot to install CodeCommander.kext.
Only guesses when you don't attach PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sure, I have attached the PR files.

I am using CodecCommander in Clover/kexts/Other, along with AppleALC/Lilu.

I have also noticed, that regardless of what I do to set the HDEF layout-id to 13, (also includes Injecting via Clover), it resets itself to "7" . I am not sure if the issue could be because of this. But honestly, I have tried to set with DSDT _DSM, SSDT-HDEF, SSDT-Config, but it won't just set to 13.

P.S.: The thing is that I still do not have Network on this machine, as the QCA9377 is not supported, and this notebook does not come with an Ethernet port. So I had to manually haul bits of the gen_debug script (as it tries to connect again and again), please let me know if anything is missing.

Attachments

• debug_12908.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 109

I have also noticed, that regardless of what I do to set the HDEF layout-id to 13, (also includes Injecting via Clover), it resets itself to "7" . I am not sure if the issue could be because of this. But honestly, I have tried to set with DSDT _DSM, SSDT-HDEF, SSDT-Config, but it won't just set to 13.

P.S.: The thing is that I still do not have Network on this machine, as the QCA9377 is not supported, and this notebook does not come with an Ethernet port. So I had to manually haul bits of the gen_debug script (as it tries to connect again and again), please let me know if anything is missing.
FakeSMC.kext along with all your other kexts needs to be installed to /Library/Extensions

Your confusion with layout-id is caused by trickery going on inside of AppleALC.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back