Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a 5 years old packard bell tm81 notebook which includes amd n930 processor. I usually use linux and the notebook is enough for me for now but nowadays I am thinking about learning ios programing so i need to have mac os x(it should be 10.10.5 or newer because of xcode 7.2) on my computer. I wasn't able to install Mac OS X on my old computer because of AMD proccessor and AMD GPU.:banghead: I was only able to use mac os x 10.8.3 with virtual studio and a image that i found on the net but I need newer ones. Are there anyway that you can suggest to me install? Or I am looking for a notebook but I need to use the notebook that I will buy 4-5 years. I found lenovo y50-70. It seems good. Can I update mac os x on Lenovo y50-70 during 4-5 years? Maybe I should buy a macbook but their price are very high now. I really appreciate any help somebody can provide.

I have a 5 years old packard bell tm81 notebook which includes amd n930 processor. I usually use linux and the notebook is enough for me for now but nowadays I am thinking about learning ios programing so i need to have mac os x(it should be 10.10.5 or newer because of xcode 7.2) on my computer. I wasn't able to install Mac OS X on my old computer because of AMD proccessor and AMD GPU.:banghead: I was only able to use mac os x 10.8.3 with virtual studio and a image that i found on the net but I need newer ones. Are there anyway that you can suggest to me install? Or I am looking for a notebook but I need to use the notebook that I will buy 4-5 years. I found lenovo y50-70. It seems good. Can I update mac os x on Lenovo y50-70 during 4-5 years? Maybe I should buy a macbook but their price are very high now. I really appreciate any help somebody can provide.

AMD CPUs not supported... Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Y50-70 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

Alright. Thanks. If I buy y50-70, Can I update mac os x during 4-5 years?

I have not acquired the skill of predicting the future. Perhaps you know a fortune teller.

I have not acquired the skill of predicting the future. Perhaps you know a fortune teller.

Good answer:thumbup: I saw that in this area the compatibility is the most important thing. Little bit differences in hardware can cause big difficulties so it is hard to find compatible laptop. We know that the y50-70 is compatible for mac os x current versions. I only wonder that if it can be compatibility problems which can't solve with patches(or something like that) in the future. You have been here for long time. Have you ever seen problems like this?

Good answer:thumbup: I saw that in this area the compatibility is the most important thing. Little bit differences in hardware can cause big difficulties so it is hard to find compatible laptop. We know that the y50-70 is compatible for mac os x current versions.

The problem is Apple may change something that will make it incompatible in the future. It is a certainty that you can run current versions of OS X (10.11) 4-5 years in the future. But it is not possible to predict what Apple will do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back