Contribute
Register

Help a beginner with making a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer
CPU
Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980TI CLASSIFIED
I've always been a Windows user, but after switching to an iphone, and being pleasantly surprised software wise, I'd like to try out Mac OS (or OSx, or whatever the hell its called these days). My system currently has:
Mobo: ASRock z97 Fatal1ty
CPU: Xeon e3-1240 v3
GPU: GTX 980TI.
RAM: 16gb two 4gb Corsair Sticks, two 4gb hynix sticks (took it from an older system)
Would a hackintosh be possible with these components? Where would I even get started

I've always been a Windows user, but after switching to an iphone, and being pleasantly surprised software wise, I'd like to try out Mac OS (or OSx, or whatever the hell its called these days). My system currently has:
Mobo: ASRock z97 Fatal1ty
CPU: Xeon e3-1240 v3
GPU: GTX 980TI.
RAM: 16gb two 4gb Corsair Sticks, two 4gb hynix sticks (took it from an older system)
Would a hackintosh be possible with these components? Where would I even get started

Yes, it should be possible. Your system is compatible with Yosemite (10.10) or later including the latest High Sierra.

Check the installation guide at the top if you want to install High Sierra. Note that you need to have access to a real Mac or working hackintosh to download MacOS and make a bootable USB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back