1. Android
Hi,

My Specs are:-
Acer A515-54G,
i5-8265u - UHD 620 & Nvidia MX250
8GB RAM,
250 GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO
Mojave 10.14.6

I have been able to get to 95% working system (graphics, audio, bluetooth, webcam, battery indicator, screen brightness control etc) except for 2 issues - keyboard and sleep. Can someone please help.

1. Laptops' keyboard is not working no matter what I do. It is a PS2 keyboard and an I2C touchpad. I have got the touch pad working with all the gestures by patching the DSDT and using VoodooI2c kexts. But the keyboard doesn't work with VodooPS2Controller.kext. I even tried with removing the trackpad plugins from the VodooPS2Controller kext. But didn't work. Same is the behavior with ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext as well. I have been relying on an external keyboard as of now which BTW gets detected without any issues.

2. Whereas shutdown is working fine, sleep isn't. If i try to wake it up, becomes idle for a while and restarts.

I can live with the sleep issue as shutdown is working fine. But request someone to please help me with the keyboard issue.

Problem reporting files are attached herewith. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
Hi,

My Specs are:-
Acer A515-54G,
i5-8265u - UHD 620 & Nvidia MX250
8GB RAM,
250 GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO
Mojave 10.14.6

I have been able to get to 95% working system (graphics, audio, bluetooth, webcam, battery indicator, screen brightness control etc) except for 2 issues - keyboard and sleep. Can someone please help.

1. Laptops' keyboard is not working no matter what I do. It is a PS2 keyboard and an I2C touchpad. I have got the touch pad working with all the gestures by patching the DSDT and using VoodooI2c kexts. But the keyboard doesn't work with VodooPS2Controller.kext. I even tried with removing the trackpad plugins from the VodooPS2Controller kext. But didn't work. Same is the behavior with ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext as well. I have been relying on an external keyboard as of now which BTW gets detected without any issues.

2. Whereas shutdown is working fine, sleep isn't. If i try to wake it up, becomes idle for a while and restarts.

I can live with the sleep issue as shutdown is working fine. But request someone to please help me with the keyboard issue.

Problem reporting files are attached herewith. Thanks in advance.

Hi @ all
has some one a 100% work CLOVER ?
and can me send this was realy nice
Thank you very much

files are attached herewith.
I failed to even boot with your files, it freezes on NVME detection...
Would you please share the touchpad DSDT? I have reverse situation, everything appears to work, but the voodooi2c hangs the boot.
Thank you.

For the keyboard, I switched to OpenCore (guide here) and added AppleGenericInput.efi (download here) to the Drivers folder and the keyboard started working.

Hi, My Specs are:- Acer A515-54G, i5-8265u - UHD 620 & Nvidia MX250 8GB RAM, 250 GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO Mojave 10.14.6 I have been able to get to 95% working system (graphics, audio, bluetooth, webcam, battery indicator, screen brightness control etc) except for 2 issues - keyboard and sleep. Can someone please help. 1. Laptops' keyboard is not working no matter what I do. It is a PS2 keyboard and an I2C touchpad. I have got the touch pad working with all the gestures by patching the DSDT and using VoodooI2c kexts. But the keyboard doesn't work with VodooPS2Controller.kext. I even tried with removing the trackpad plugins from the VodooPS2Controller kext. But didn't work. Same is the behavior with ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext as well. I have been relying on an external keyboard as of now which BTW gets detected without any issues. 2. Whereas shutdown is working fine, sleep isn't. If i try to wake it up, becomes idle for a while and restarts. I can live with the sleep issue as shutdown is working fine. But request someone to please help me with the keyboard issue. Problem reporting files are attached herewith. Thanks in advance.
Same Specs Everthing works except keyboard and wifi(I will change it if the keyboard starts working)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back