Contribute
Register

[Help] 4540s' - With or without dedicated Graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask too many questions. One thing that has been troubling me, it's about the stability/reliability of probook hackintosh.
I do understand that this is not the 'real thing' , this might be subjective to some extent but how reliable is hackintosh? I mean it would be an absolute nightmare if one day you suddenly cannot boot into OSX.

How do you guys backup your apps/files when you upgrade?

I have been using hackintosh since 10.6.7 and all of my iOS apps were built using them. There was a great risk involve breaking your hackintosh on Snow Leopard however I have never seen hackintosh as much stable as it is now days, after 10.7 as my personal experience.

As nguyenmac pointed out, I always have a backup partition solely for backing up using CarbonCopy Cloner and its main advantage is that that back is also bootable!

Moreover, remember the famous developer quotes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" :D

We are currently working on a patch to automatically disable ATI card on OS X. It works now, but the system shutdowns if you choose to restart.

Hope this isn't taken as me trying to steal the thread, but it might help you out too imade since I just got the hp 4540s.. nguyenmac, what about the post about chimera and the Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags? ----> http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera/comments3.html

Does this allow us to either disable the Intel or use the Radeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back