NVidia GeForce 9400M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've been lurking on this site for some time and finally have the funds to begin my first hackintosh. I've based a TON of it off the 2013 CustoMac Pro Buyers Guide, with a few alterations.

I plan on dual booting OSX Mountain Lion and Win 7 (I own legit copies of both! =p)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Effo

While I'm fairly set on the CPU and Graphics card, most of the other parts were picked based off pricing and new egg reviews. The case in particular is something I'm not too sure on.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated! I should be ordering within the next few days, and I'll do my best to follow up with pics and results.

A case is a personal choice. For me, it didn't really matter as it's just going to sit under my desk. I went with something that was on sale and that got good reviews. To be quite honest, I'm not too fond of the color, but again, it's not really important to me.

As far as the other components, I think everything looks fine and should work great together. You could probably get away with a 600W (or less) power supply, but that's just my n00b opinion.

Also, you're missing memory on your list. Not sure if that was intentional, or if you already had some lying around that you planned on using.

Thanks for the reply :D!

Hmmm weird, the memory shows for me on the PCPartPicker link. Maybe its some kind of fluke or glitch... nevertheless I was planning on G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
There was also a comparable Corsair 16gb set for the same price... Any difference real between GSkill or Corsair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back