Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V-LK
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey All! First time posting here but a little birdie told me this was THE place for all hackintosh. Can someone please help me with a few quick questions: I own a MacBook running Lion (intentionally) as all of my studio equipment works better with older versions of OS X. Upon testing out UniBeast, I see that it requires a copy of OS X from the app store. Sadly, I can't download Mavericks (latest I would want to go really) from store, only Sierra.

Question #1
: Am I bound to Sierra? Just got a new SSD for this project; heard the later versions (ElCap and on) work better on such drives.
Question #2: Where do I start? Not easily overwhelmed, I'd be happy to jump right in but I just want to be sure as my Windows side means a lot to me too!

Heres my specs for Desktop:
CPU: i5-3570k @4.2
mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V-LK
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 ftw
RAM: 32gb
PCI: Creative SB Audigy 2 (NEED MY FIREWIRE FOR MIXER/AUDIO I/O ETC!)
Also 2 opticals if this matters.

Thanks in advance

Cholo,
1. Run Sierra. What you heard is pure BS.
2. Post #1 in this thread. However, see first the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

HEY HEY! Thanks for replying I am glad to see you guys are truly active. I have been very active for the past 5 hours! So, I was going to install Sierra but my mac wouldnt let me download it. However Apple will still let older macs DL ElCap if they choose. So I got ElCap and followed instructions closely (dotted i's, crossed t's and also my fingers) HOWEVER upon the 2nd part of installation ("computer will restart...") I am stuck at installing screen. It's been 30 mins I want to say and probably at ~75%. I placed a stationary object on screen to see if it has moved and nothing yet.

Would you advise to keep it going? Leave it overnight? What happens if I were to force reboot? OH I also had to enable NVinjection on Clover screen. Anything missing? Just read about verbose mode wish I chose that before going in.
Ps: I didnt remove any of my sticks of ram and cpu is probably running on 4cores

Cholo,
1. Run Sierra. What you heard is pure BS.
2. Post #1 in this thread. However, see first the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

HOLA! So impatiently I rebooted and went into verbose and the setup happened instantly! So now im in the mainframe haha Everything is quick so far but what do I do to get my gtx960 seen? In "about this mac" it says "Display 5 mb." I know it's not really picking up on it as I can't change the resolution to something higher but HDMI is supplying the screen. I have Multibeast on hand but definition wont change to Mac Pro (stuck on iMac-guessing this is why I cant install the nvidia web driver?)

*What's working right out of normal install*
-Front usb ports on case
(Tested by hooking up my Yamaha Audiogram interface, no drivers)
-Rear PCI USB 3.0 ports (External picked up)
-Mobo USB 3.0 ports (thumb picked up)
-Optical drives (listening to TLC "Creep" as I type)
-RAM is at full 32gb
-CPU recognized

*What's not :( *
-Creative SB Audigy 2 soundcard
-GTX 960
(but HDMI is working thats how I am viewing)
-Stuck on iMac 2012

Questions:
How do I get my gtx960 working? How would I get my Creative SB Audigy 2 working? (NEED that Firewire) One more: Trying to install drivers for Tascam FW-1884 but fails; Any help on this would be appreciated.

Overall I am happy that this is working out, just need the help of the gurus to smoothen things out

What are you currently running, El Capitan or Sierra?

What are you currently running, El Capitan or Sierra?
El Capitan. Should i switch, was ElCap a stable hack or iffy one

El Capitan. Should i switch, was ElCap a stable hack or iffy one
No need to switch. Both El Capitan and Sierra are stable. I asked because I moved your thread to the El Capitan Desktop Support and wanted to make sure it was in the right forum section for your problems.

You'll need to use the appropriate Nvidia driver for your El Capitan build. See MacVidCards list of the driver packages for the one for your system build number.
Which Driver Should I Install for My New GPU - MacVidCards.coM

No need to switch. Both El Capitan and Sierra are stable. I asked because I moved your thread to the El Capitan Desktop Support and wanted to make sure it was in the right forum section for your problems.

You'll need to use the appropriate Nvidia driver for your El Capitan build. See MacVidCards list of the driver packages for the one for your system build number.
Which Driver Should I Install for My New GPU - MacVidCards.coM
Hey Stork! Thank you for everything thus far!
So I saw your last post and went to boot up EL capitan; I get to the login page but my keyboard and mouse dont work now....any ideas? Also am I to revert any changes to my bios after installation? Have not but windows side is still working flawlessly. Again thank you for helping me out man

Are they USB keyboard and mouse? If so, make sure they're in the USB ports nearest your PS/2 port.

Are they USB keyboard and mouse? If so, make sure they're in the USB ports nearest your PS/2 port.
That they are. I do have a ps/2 adapter for usb though, will test this when I get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back