Contribute
Register

heeeeeelp! iBoot boot problem with GA-Z77N-WIFI delux!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook
CPU
Dual core 2.3
Graphics
Intel integrated graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm stuck with iBoot on the first screen after I try to boot with it, the screen is the white one with the apple logo. I just gests stuck there and then nothing happens. I've already tried to start it with Verbosa and didn't work. I typed PCIrootUID=0 because I saw that it worked for the Cpukid on youtube with his first UEFI build. This methods didn't work at all for me, I tried every option of the iboot menu and... nothing, I don't know any boot lines though, only the one I mentioned with PCIblahblah.

Does anyone have any advice about what can I do?? Please I've been hours stuck now and is really frustrating.

I'm building a mini itx with:
-Silverstone Sugo SG07
-Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
-Intel Core i7 3770k
-Asus GTX 670 (A lot of trouble getting it in the small case, took it out to try iboot)
-16 GB RAM Corsair Vengance
-128GB Samsung SSD
-I took out the wifi card since I heard is not compatible, I'm still waiting for my Qualcom card from china.

For the installation I'm using the normal iBoot and not legacy, since I'm making a fresh installation I want to first install Snow leopard so I don't have yet a Multibeast, I still have to download Mountain Lion.

Thanks a lot!

I'm stuck with iBoot on the first screen after I try to boot with it, the screen is the white one with the apple logo. I just gests stuck there and then nothing happens. I've already tried to start it with Verbosa and didn't work. I typed PCIrootUID=0 because I saw that it worked for the Cpukid on youtube with his first UEFI build. This methods didn't work at all for me, I tried every option of the iboot menu and... nothing, I don't know any boot lines though, only the one I mentioned with PCIblahblah.

Does anyone have any advice about what can I do?? Please I've been hours stuck now and is really frustrating.

-Silverstone Sugo SG07
-Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
-Intel Core i7 3770k
-Asus GTX 670 (A lot of trouble getting it in the small case, took it out to try iboot)
-128GB Samsung SSD
-I took out the wifi card since I heard is not compatible, I'm still waiting for my Qualcom card from china.

For the installation I'm using the normal iBoot and not legacy, since I'm making a fresh installation I want to first install Snow leopard so I don't have yet a Multibeast, I still have to download Mountain Lion.

Thanks a lot!
There is no support for the Ivy Bridge CPUs and the Z77 chipset in Snow Leopard. You can only install and boot with iBoot Legacy, which defeats the purpose because booting with iBoot Legacy, the App Store can't recognize the CPU and refuses to download the Install Mountain Lion app.

There is no support for the Ivy Bridge CPUs and the Z77 chipset in Snow Leopard. You can only install and boot with iBoot Legacy, which defeats the purpose because booting with iBoot Legacy, the App Store can't recognize the CPU and refuses to download the Install Mountain Lion app.

Ok, but then what can I do? should I then just get a copy of mountain Lion on the internet? can I ask a friend to download it for me?
If I try iBoot Legacy then I have to have a multibeast stick ready with Mountain Lion Right?

Please help, sorry for all the questions but I really need to know, to much money spent on this.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, but then what can I do? should I then just get a copy of mountain Lion on the internet? can I ask a friend to download it for me?
If I try iBoot Legacy then I have to have a multibeast stick ready with Mountain Lion Right?

Please help, sorry for all the questions but I really need to know, to much money spent on this.

Thanks a lot!

Mario9999 .....

If you have a friend that has not moved to OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion - and he is not planning too.... cause some people don't like it - issues w SMB connections - like HP EX490 running WHS - in LION and ML .... then you could do it that way -
if they have already downloaded it to their system it will not be possible to do it again - unless its newer that what was downloaded the fist time.
Now if your friend purchased the OSX LION Apple USB drive then you could do it ..

Not many have that around.

I'm having similar issues with almost an identical build, did you come up with a solution?

I'm having similar issues with almost an identical build, did you come up with a solution?

To Mario9999 and devar -

As I have commented on this more times that I like - this situation of the Ivy Bridge CPU's and the Z77 H77 (77 chipsets in generatl) are not compatable - with OSX SL (Apple Kernel) as Going Bald has mentioned - (DeJaVu) !!!!

Now if you look at this thread - post six - paragrah 2 you may find a solution, supposedly tested but not by anyone I know or have read hee within the posts of the TMX forum.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/75394-asus-p8z77-v-kernel-panic-error.html

do pay attention to the date mentioned in that post ( post has some other good ideas as well)

This could be a solution for you current situation for SL .

NOW - do read this link - http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Do read the Bullets but mostly Bullet 4 .

If this works (or dosent and you have problems ) then you kinda on your own!!!!

Best of Luck

-Silverstone Sugo SG07
-Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
-Intel Core i7 3770k
-128GB Samsung SSD

Thanks a lot!

Mario9999

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store an download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back